Goal Rewards?

Options
Do you reward yourself when you hit a goal? For me it was a new pair of work shoes when I lost 25, then a pedicure at 35 and planning on getting a new tattoo at the halfway mark and again at the finish line! What about you?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have A LOT.

If I meet my weekly exercise goal, I have a really warm bath and a face/body mask on my rest day. But my rest day is also hair removal day (which makes me look forward to the workout days!), so this is becoming more of a habit than a reward).

If I meet my monthly goals, I take an old shirt that's too big and either take it in, or use a new pattern to make a new shirt out of the material.

For every 5 lbs I lose, my husband takes me out for a date night (hopefully we'll be going ice skating soon!). That's a big deal since we don't have a lot of money for extra things.

For every 10 lbs, I treat myself to either a massage (IF there's a groupon for it) or new item of clothing.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My reward will be lower blood pressure and lower A1c. If I'm lucky, it may even mean a baby.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Warning confession to follow:

Did I have rewards planned when I started out. Yes. Did I get them. No. Partly due to time and money contraints and partly because for ages I felt like I just wanted to lose.. 'a little bit more first'. Then eating moderately and being active just became how I lived. And so dont really feel the need for rewards specifically. However when I reach my eventual goal. I will be getting a new tattoo and of course a new wardrobe because I wont have anything to wear otherwise. And that is pretty much its own reward. Lame but there you go. :)
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yep - holiday in Florida is booked as a reward for reaching goal! :D
  • meaghandyer
    meaghandyer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am going to get my first tattoo when I hit my goal of 30lbs lost