What kind of sports bra do you wear?

Options
For the ladies with more up top (I'm a 36-38DDD), what kind of sports bra do you wear? I am totally clueless and I don't think what I have is working for me.

Replies

• _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sadly I've lost all my boobs when I lost weight (38DD to 34A)... But I've owned that one in almost every size possible and it's still the one model I wear:

http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/maximum-support-bras/champion-double-dry-spot-comfort-full-support-sports-bra

Good luck, finding a good sport bra is not easy!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    One that doesn't support my girls! Lol. I wear an old navy sports bra with either a normal victoria's secret bra under it or another cheapie sports bra. I've worn the Victoria's Secret sports bras and they seem pretty awesome.
  • hvreeland
    hvreeland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D and needed a sports bra for running so I decided to splurge and got a Nike high-impact for about $50 at Sports Authority. The straps are adjustable and cross in the back and I've had no problems with it. I've also had it a couple years and it still works for me. I think the key is the cross straps because I got another high-impact one from Nike about a year ago and it just has regular straps and that one isn't as great.
  • mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wear a 32GG Shock Absorber. I ordered it when I actually was 32GG (they seem to fit a little small and I needed an extender that I got at a bra store) and even though I have gone down over a year to 32E-30F, it still fits. It is so non-stretchy and firm and supportive that it didn't stretch out at all. Sure, it's a little looser now in the bust itself but... Dunno, best bra I've ever owned. Got it at brastop.com.

Even though I am Canadian and these come in UK sizes (which are much less confusing), so I would encourage you to size yourself in UK measurements first. US bra manufacturers don't have their **** together when it comes to anything over D cup.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 36D, used to be a 38DD. Champion has some great options, I also wear Victoria's Secret (when they have their semi annual sale their prices are about the same as Champion). Another thing I do that has always given me great support is to wear a sports bra (even a cheapo walmart one) under a workout tank that has a built in bra. It's more comfortable than just doubling sports bras, but gives the same support :)
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has some good ones you can order online and pick up in store. They can also do a free fitting and measurement for you. I've also bought some from Academy--the BCG brand, but they barely fit. I like some Champions, but I don't like the new lycra ones. They don't offer enough support for me in high intensity activities.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Victoria's Secret's new line of sports bras. First time EVER that I dont have to double up..All sizes available. Worth the investment.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    this is my issue at the moment! I am wearing a Freya Active but it sucks for running. It's uncomfortable when running, the bounce is annoying, and I think running is actually running the bra cause it doesn't have as much "lift" as it did a few months back.

I am looking at the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra, anyone have any experience? especially with the sizing! Some reviews say to order true to size, others say to order a size up in the band... confusing!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    In for suggestions!

I have never worn one. At 38DD I tried an XL Nike sports bra and it was way too big, and I didn't feel too confident it would have been a good fit even it were smaller. Do they make underwire (or similarly constructed) sports bras with a real cup for each breast? I think that would be better for me. I don't like the girls all squished into one. That's not comfy or attractive...
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Victoria's Secret's new line of sports bras. First time EVER that I dont have to double up..All sizes available. Worth the investment.

Unfortunately women don't stop at DD! I wish North American stores realised this :(
  • mokooken
    mokooken Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    38DD here. Moving Comfort Juno is by far the best sports bra I've ever owned (over Champion, Under Armour, Victoria's Secret, or Nike). I bought two more the week after I tried it.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. Absolutely awesome. Wear it for running (jogging really) but also for step. No problems at all.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use this one to run in...definitely keeps the "girls" under control!
    http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL984/?cc=BK
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G, and I *love* this one... it's a panache bra that really supports, separates (no uniboob!) and holds the girls in...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VNFLWI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Are they really that good?
  • silverdawnhawk
    silverdawnhawk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    34G and also use the shock absorber line. I have two different styles. I get so sick of North American stores and manufacturers telling me that I'm a "custom" size (not plus size because of the 34 and not regular size because of the G) - shock absorbers have the widest assortment of sizes I've seen in a line and absolutely worth it. I've been using them for almost a decade now.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Are they really that good?

I like them a lot. But to each, their own. I love that there is support without making me feel squished, and a wire without feeling it, and that I dont have to wear multiple bras to exercise. I feel secure and stylish :-)

I was unaware north american stores didnt manufacture above a DD. Have you tried online?
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have had even cheap compression ones that worked great.
  • sigmoo
    Options
    I am an H and have tried everything (in the UK) I reckon! I wear a panache moulded sports bra which is pretty robust and feels great and is by far my favourite, or a freya active underwired. Both of these lift and separate rather than squish and monoboob you. If you are more comfortable with a monoboob, the Royce one is the most effective I have found. Keep going! I buy from bravissimo who do ship internationally, but I think these brands are pretty widely available :)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I love my champion sports bras. I made the mistake of buying an under armour one and basically wasted $60. It's okay but for a high impact sports bra it does not hold as well as my champion ones.

I have a decent size chest, 36DD, and I think your best bet is to try sports bras that fit more like a bra than the pull over tank top style. The pull over suck for support, imho.

Good luck OP

*off to check out Victoria Secrets stuff*