I like the way I eat these days

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
Not like in the past. I eat about everything I enjoy just not as much. Heck, my tummy has shrunk so I can't eat as much. I pass on french fries and have instead baked fries. If I have the credit I may even have a beer. Peanut butter is a thing of the past as well as my all time favorite, Chocolate Milk. I still have breaded tenderloins and rarely a hamburger. The latter depends on is there room in my calorie budget and how much I exercised.

I've learned a new way of eating, healthy eating. I eat more soups, salads, and look at exactly what am I going to try to digest here. Cabbage soup is much more awesome than I ever thought. Homemade Salsa is the best. Though the chips could use some improvement. One of my all time favorites Salmon fits right in there.

You can bet next summer I will have that tasty ice cream sandwich. I just won't eat the whole dern box on the way home and go into a diabetic coma. Although a diabetic coma can be cool as an escape.

A loaf of bread now lasts me 2 weeks. I use to go through 2 loaves a week.

I guess the real difference is gluttony. I'm less gluttonous. Now what were those other 6.

Replies

• jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    like this post!
  • shaggy22
    Options
    That is great!
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post! I can completely relate to this. I feel much more in sync with my body, but still eating mostly what I want. Logging my food as taught me just how bad certain things are on the diet, so if I really want it, I plan for it.

Very cool post, and glad you are doing so well!
  • peacegirl3
    Options
    Really like the post. Very uplifting and positive!
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy,== I bet you are less the others too! : )
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a thing of the pass

How come? Peanut butter is really good for you and these days organic peanut butter is very cheap as well, especially since like you've pointed out you've removed the gluttonous factor so a little extra cost won't be a big deal as a jar will last longer. Peanut Butter is considered one of those superfoods and just has all kinds of goodness in it. Like anything though moderation is key due to it being very calorie dense.

From the wiki site for peanut butter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_butter

"Health benefits

"Peanut butter may protect against a high risk of cardiovascular disease due to high levels of monounsaturated fats and resveratrol; butter prepared with the skin of the peanuts has a greater level of resveratrol and other health-aiding agents.[5] Peanut butter (and peanuts) provide protein, vitamins B3 and E, magnesium, folate, dietary fiber, arginine,[6] and high levels of the antioxidant p-coumaric acid."
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!Sounds like you are on the right track.It`s amazing how good healthy food tastes once you get use to it.The unhealthy becomes something of the past,or at least for me.
    keep up the good work!!
    Jane
  • soze
    Options
    Peanut butter is a thing of the pass

How come? Peanut butter is really good for you and these days organic peanut butter is very cheap as well, especially since like you've pointed out you've removed the gluttonous factor so a little extra cost won't be a big deal as a jar will last longer. Peanut Butter is considered one of those superfoods and just has all kinds of goodness in it. Like anything though moderation is key due to it being very calorie dense.

From the wiki site for peanut butter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_butter

"Health benefits

"Peanut butter may protect against a high risk of cardiovascular disease due to high levels of monounsaturated fats and resveratrol; butter prepared with the skin of the peanuts has a greater level of resveratrol and other health-aiding agents.[5] Peanut butter (and peanuts) provide protein, vitamins B3 and E, magnesium, folate, dietary fiber, arginine,[6] and high levels of the antioxidant p-coumaric acid."

You are probably correct. My problem is this, I will eat and eat and eat peanut butter. It's like a red light food. I've often done my dishes and notice 12 spoons with peanut butter on them. I use to be the peanut butter kid. I'd have peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and syrup, and peanut butter and apple butter along with a couple of dozen slices of toast. It's genetic, my brother once ate a whole loaf of bread at lunch with peanut butter and syrup. Some folks can't handle Acohol, I can't handle my peanut butter :).
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Lol ok I understand. My wife had the same problem and I'd wake up to a bunch of spoons in the sink and an empty peanut butter jar.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Chocolate milk is something I had given up until I learned how amazing it is. It's one of the best and by far the cheapest recovery drink out there. It's to be used post workout if you workout for 60-90+ minutes. Has your protein, carbs, electrolytes and it helps the muscles recover faster apparently.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I'm the same way with the peanut butter, and almond butter too =(
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    PS BoresEasily, I used chocolate milk for as recovery for round 1 of p90x, I totally agree with you on the benefits, and it's even yummier blended with frozen banana =D
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You_Rock_Emoticon.gif I agree with you 100%
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    PS BoresEasily, I used chocolate milk for as recovery for round 1 of p90x, I totally agree with you on the benefits, and it's even yummier blended with frozen banana =D

Might have to give that one a shot.
  • soze
    Options
    Chocolate milk is something I had given up until I learned how amazing it is. It's one of the best and by far the cheapest recovery drink out there. It's to be used post workout if you workout for 60-90+ minutes. Has your protein, carbs, electrolytes and it helps the muscles recover faster apparently.

I love Chocolate milk. I use to say,"Chocolate milk is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." However I would drink a half gallon of the stuff in a single day. The only reason I would drink a half gallon is because that is all I would purchase.