Massage anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I second the continuous contact sentiment.
    i practice reflexology and I find the sessions people like the most are the ones where I am aware of my steady consistent pressure and I don't break from their body. I also find that when I allow myself to go to a meditative place my clients are aware of that connection.

Attention + Intention = a great session

PS I'm super sensitive to the happy ending comment too. Or people going "do you get a lot of fetish people?!?!" UGH SHUT UP

Glad I'm not the only one that the "happy ending" thing irks. And generally, otherwise I'm pretty laid-back and hard to offend. I think most people that don't work in the massage world don't realize how degrading those kinds of jokes and comments really are. Thank you for your suggestions! Very helpful!
  • slhall0822
    Options
    UGH SHUT UP

Wah wah wah.
    I think somebody needs a massage.

No... what we need is for people to realize that there is a fine line between joking about someone's career and basically insinuating that they are glorified prostitutes. That's pretty crappy.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    UGH SHUT UP

Wah wah wah.

before I do a session I recite this reiki principle:

Just for today, don't anger.
    Just for today, don't worry.
    Please appreciate everything and show gratitude.
    Strive to embody the teachings in your actions and be kind to people.

When I read your comments, those words come to mind.
    Strange, right?
  • slhall0822
    Options
    UGH SHUT UP

Wah wah wah.

before I do a session I recite this reiki principle:

Just for today, don't anger.
    Just for today, don't worry.
    Please appreciate everything and show gratitude.
    Strive to embody the teachings in your actions and be kind to people.

When I read your comments, those words come to mind.
    Strange, right?

I like this kickivale :) thank you for sharing!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Here is my 2 cents.

I get massage every 3 weeks in peak of my marathon/ half training combined with weight training. I am just using "You/Your" for any massage therapist.

What I like:

1. Know what you are good at, deep tissue, Swedish etc..
    2. Listen to what I want you to focus on for the massage. If I have stiff legs, I don't care about neck or shoulders.
    3. Don't be prude, I am not expecting an happy ending but I don't want a deep tissue with sheets on my butt or hips.
    4. Try finding the muscle knots and stiff spots. You fix those, you are the best.

Turnoffs:
    1. If you are not good in say deep tissue, don't experiment. My worst massage was the therapist putting high pressure in wrong spots.
    2. Stop the massage 10 min early or take breaks in between.
    3. I am not your buddy; I am there to relax , not listen to all the problems in your life.

Good luck and Congrats! You will learn the tricks as you get more experience.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    UGH SHUT UP

Wah wah wah.

No... what we need is for people to realize that there is a fine line between joking about someone's career and basically insinuating that they are glorified prostitutes. That's pretty crappy.
    Nobody insinuated anything about you. The topic is "Massage anyone" and that sends adults' minds there, this site being 18+.

It happens.
    It's life.
    Grats on your achievement.

Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games.

:flowerforyou:
  • slhall0822
    Options
    Here is my 2 cents.

I get massage every 3 weeks in peak of my marathon/ half training combined with weight training. I am just using "You/Your" for any massage therapist.

What I like:

1. Know what you are good at, deep tissue, Swedish etc..
    2. Listen to what I want you to focus on for the massage. If I have stiff legs, I don't care about neck or shoulders.
    3. Don't be prude, I am not expecting an happy ending but I don't want a deep tissue with sheets on my butt or hips.
    4. Try finding the muscle knots and stiff spots. You fix those, you are the best.

Turnoffs:
    1. If you are not good in say deep tissue, don't experiment. My worst massage was the therapist putting high pressure in wrong spots.
    2. Stop the massage 10 min early or take breaks in between.
    3. I am not your buddy; I am there to relax , not listen to all the problems in your life.

Good luck and Congrats! You will learn the tricks as you get more experience.

Thanks! These were very helpful suggestions!
  • slhall0822
    Options

Nobody insinuated anything about you. The topic is "Massage anyone" and that sends adults' minds there, this site being 18+.

It happens.
    It's life.

Thank you :) I know you weren't insulting me per se... and I didn't mean to make the title in such a way that it caused people's minds to go there... but unfortunately I can't edit the title, or I would LOL. But happy ending jokes are insulting to massage therapists. I don't think people realize how much so either. We know it happens, but it really is like asking your pharmacist for street drugs. If someone is a professional, they don't appreciate all of their hard work being degraded with such a comment. I hope I'm making sense :)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

It happens.
    It's life.

Thank you :) I know you weren't insulting me per se... and I didn't mean to make the title in such a way that it caused people's minds to go there... but unfortunately I can't edit the title, or I would LOL. But happy ending jokes are insulting to massage therapists. I don't think people realize how much so either. We know it happens, but it really is like asking your pharmacist for street drugs. If someone is a professional, they don't appreciate all of their hard work being degraded with such a comment. I hope I'm making sense :)

one of my friends is a registered massage therapist and she feels the same way
    however, my dad works in pharmaceuticals...and tells people he makes drugs. But I think drug dealers are sadly looked better upon than sex trade workers.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't like a lot of talking during the session.
    Relaxing sounds of rain, or music that isn't 'busy' and loud, something slow to help decrease the heart rate and promote relaxation and slow breathing.
    Variety in touch/techniques. Deep compressions, tapping, circles, using knuckles, long strokes/swipes, variety.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I worked as a Licensed Massage Therapist in the 80's and 90's. It's how I met my wife. It was very hard to make a living and, once we married, I was forced to look for a real job.

Unfortunately, a lot of men are homophobic and would rather go to a woman, and many woman feel uncomfortable ewith me because of the way I look.

Good Luck. It's hard work and takes discipline to be successful.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    A happy ending makes a good massage.

beat me to it.......
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    UGH SHUT UP

Wah wah wah.

ha ha
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The best massage I had was great because of the customer service side of things. The therapist spent some time at the beginning asking if I had any particular spots that needed work, what I liked most about past massages I've had and during the massage the therapist was responsive with conversation but didn't talk all the way through when I started to zone out.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like the deep tissue massages. Really deep tissue
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Stand on my back until you crack the hell out of it.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You don't do happy endings, and that's great.

But could you point me to someone that does?
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Options
    ummm , look over here
  • Jack_Lalanne
    Options
    @beeranpizza

I give excellent massages and you would definitely have a happy ending.