Cell Phone Confrontations

Options
So........yeah.........I was at the library yesterday. There are signs everywhere politely asking people to not talk on their cell phones. I'm a pretty big dude, but two rows behind me a guy twice my size was having a loud cell phone conversation with someone. Something inside me bubbled. I stood up, turned around, and just stared at him giving him the evil eye until he ended the conversation. One of my rare moments of fearlessness. It worked, but the next time I see him I'm pretty sure he's going to kick my *kitten*.

Anyone out there ever confront disrespectful cell phone users?

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just once, yesterday I was at the library and had to take an important call, then wouldn't you know it some wimpy little guy gave me the stink eye. I think the next time I see him I'll open up a can of whoop *kitten* on him.... ;-)

If someone is talking on the phone I usually start talking to them and try to distract them from their conversation, be really polite and bubbly, it really pisses them off.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    one time, I was in a movie theater and some guy was texting his daughter or something during the previews.

so I shot him.*

*Fiction based on a true story.

(actually, I generally take the "excuse me, do you mind..." approach before trying to be intimidating. Most people aren't trying to be rude.)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Only when I am driving behind or beside someone who is texting on their cell phone. :angry:

I just blare my horn at them.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I usually don't say anything, just give them the b***h face, but I give everyone that face, because I have Resting B***h Face
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I usually don't say anything, just give them the b***h face, but I give everyone that face, because I have Resting B***h Face

It must be a different face than the one on your profile, cause I ain't seeing any ***** face there!
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,132 Member
    Options
    lol at the resting face...OMG..

I had a boss once, when we had people using them in line at the bank....and the teller didn't know what to do - the guy was loud and rude, and got angry for the teller not knowing what he wanted....so, the boss asked him to kindly step aside until he was "ready." He did that to another person, calling the customer up behind them by name, and the person on the cell got angry, and he said something to the effect of I didn't want to be rude, and interrupt your phone call.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this but saw someone else do this... someone was talking loudly on phone next to us... so someone else got on their phone and pretended to talk, louder and said something about a rude person next to them talking loudly on their cell phone and that is why they were talking so loud... it worked because the other person got off their phone. HAHA
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options

Agreed. The only way possible for you to give a b**** face is for you to carry around some sort of insane mask in your purse.
    Options
    I haven't done this but saw someone else do this... someone was talking loudly on phone next to us... so someone else got on their phone and pretended to talk, louder and said something about a rude person next to them talking loudly on their cell phone and that is why they were talking so loud... it worked because the other person got off their phone. HAHA

Now that is a great idea! Next time I encounter that at a movie theater.......that will be my strategy!!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Is giving someone the stink eye a confrontation?
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    stinkeye.jpg.html

:grumble:
    Options

In my scenario, the word "confrontation" may not be a suffice word........but the stink eye was well over two minutes and I tired to look as pissed off as I possibly could. We made long uncomfortable eye contact. When he ended the call.......the stare down ended. It was a heated non verbal body language "confrontation".
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

In my scenario, the word "confrontation" may not be a suffice word........but the stink eye was well over two minutes and I tired to look as pissed off as I possibly could. We made long uncomfortable eye contact. When he ended the call.......the stare down ended. It was a heated non verbal body language "confrontation".

OK, I'll concede to 2 minutes of stink eye being a confrontation. That's significant stink eye-ing.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    At the GROCERY STORE....god forbid you WAIT to have a conversation about who's cheating on who, or about your kid pooping himself or the random items you are finding on sale why taking up the whole aisle.

cell-etiquette.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have complained to the management of a performing arts theater when many people were absolutely rude by using their phones (calling and also just texting/browsing with brightly lit screens) during a theatrical performance. I didn't pay for a spendy ticket to hear other people planning out the rest of their weekends lit by iPhone screens. They came on the loudspeaker during intermission and reminded everyone to put away the phones but of course it didn't work :-P
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

LMAO! Pure awesomeness! I so need to do this!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I give nasty looks. I don't go shooting people for texting in movie theaters like that guy in FL.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Honestly I could give a **** less what others think of me when I use my phone in public.

Then again I rarely ever talk on the phone in public and if it is, it's usually something urgent and or important.

If it's vital to my existence, call me.

If it's anything else, type it out.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that just a glare got him to get off his phone ahah