What to do on VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! Help

Options
Going out to lunch with hubby tomorrow but I am so scared to blow it- I NEED TO HAVE some chocolate- this holiday is horrible for a Chocoholic!

Replies

• FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Have Chocolate then! Just make sure you adjust your meal plan to allow for the chocolate.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    enjoy your day and get back at the healthy stuff on the 15th :)

I`m not even planning to track my food tomorrow I already know its going to be a spike day for me since Hubby is taking me out for Sushi and I LOVE sushi planning to enjoy every min of the day and time with my Hubby and not worry about food tomorrow.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate. Just adjust your meal plan accordingly. Lots of veggies to fill yourself up so you can save room for the chocolate.

Hubs and I went out for his birthday last weekend and I worked hard all day moving furniture, hauling tools around and installing new flooring to get some extra calories so I could have a piece of flourless chocolate cake. Best damn cake I have had in a while. :)
  • dianapaperie
    dianapaperie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just get scared because I am afraid I might not stay in control- chocolate is really a problem for me!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If you're going out, just buy one serving of chocolate that way you can't overindulge. For me, that's easier than going home with a whole box of it and trying not to munch ;)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just blow it. One day won't hurt you. I plan on going over my limit tomorrow. By a lot.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    36020850.jpg
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My plan includes an allowance for chocolate every day so I never feel deprived. Love my Peppermint Patties and dark chocolate.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Don't buy a giant box of them. Buy a smaller box of the REALLY good stuff and enjoy them.

If you are going out to eat, then get one dessert.

There are ways to assist in watching portions.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just blow it. One day won't hurt you. I plan on going over my limit tomorrow. By a lot.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. My wife is getting chocolate covered strawberries, a dinner at her favorite Italian restaurant and a movie.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I just get scared because I am afraid I might not stay in control- chocolate is really a problem for me!

You should not be scared of food. Food is food. There is nothing inherently good or bad with any food. Take a portion that fits in your daily calories and put the rest away, or eat it all and then lower your cals for the next few days to compensate. Ask your hubby to not buy you chocolates if you want. YOU and ONLY YOU are in control. Be empowered about what you do and what you want.

We can't help, because we can't slap the chocolate out of your hand. It's your choice. Isn't that empowering?
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sex burns calories
  • dianapaperie
    Options
    very mixed views!!! lol- I guess it is only one day and if I buy the REALLY REALLY good stuff then it would be worth it-
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm personally baking a very small flour less chocolate cake. A total calorie bomb since it's loaded with butter but since it will be small, we won't have any the next day and it won't effect my long term goals. So have chocolate, but don't buy anything more than a single serving if you're worried about overdoing it.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    BgX5vz3CIAA6_DL.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    As previously stated... just blow it.

Seriously. Blow. It.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    don't stress, research. go on the internet, look up the restaurants you may be choosing and then look at the menu and nutrition value for things you like and might want to choose. There isn't one restaurant out there that i like that i cant find something to eat that is yummy and i am able to log later on. We go out quite often and this is how i do it. You feel so much more in control that way instead of having an "oh well, maybe i will restart tomorrow" kind of day. We have to learn to maintain once we lose and this is the best way to get in the mode for that and live a normal life. As far as chocolate goes, get you some sugar free coffe creamer for your morning fix, drink some sugar free cocoa, have some chocolate almond milk.. i don't know what kind of chocolate do you like? try some low fat brownies that are prepackaged. It comes down to research and giving yourself a lot of choices.
    I do not think "just blow it" is good advice at all. IF you use tomorrow as an excuse then why not use its the weekend as an excuse or its Monday. Its too easy to be bad, it only takes a bit more work to be good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Find a restaurant that has low calorie chocolate desserts (brownie bite at Applebee's is 350 calories, for example).

Or just blow it.

Looks like for me Valentine's Day is going to be snowed in and stuck at home with the kids.
  • dianapaperie
    Options
    thank you - that is great advice- I wasn't going to just Blow it- I just need to see my options and see what works for me!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Try not to turn the entire day into a cheat day!
    I'll be cooking dinner for my boyfriend, and I'll be making a small amount of spaghetti with pesto (with avocado replacing most of the olive oil and some added spinach!) and some healthy grilled shrimp for me and bacon wrapped chicken for him (I don't eat or usually cook meat, so it'll be a surprise + he isn't watching his weight c:)
    I also plan on making him cupcakes, and I know I'll be having one.
    I will probably also get chocolate.
    Hopefully making sure that my actual meal choices are healthy will balance out most of the sweets.
    Plus you can always save chocolate :D