Juicing

Options
13»

Replies

• boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love juicing and try to do it every day, but I still eat a well-balanced diet. I look at it more as a nutrient boost, as it is sometimes hard to fit in all the vegetables that are recommended as part of a well-balanced diet. And I say that as a person who does eat a lot of veggies on a daily basis.
  • MelissaHarris79
    Options
    I juice fasted for 6 days. I did it for 3 main reasons. 1.) to reevaluate how I saw food 2.) to figure out why I was suffering from so much IBS 3.) to start fresh and re train my taste buds and get over my addiction to bread. I then was juicing/ eating veggies and fruit for 1 week then vegetarian for a week then slowly started adding things back to my diet. The process is NOT something you can just get out of. And you really should not dot it to lose weight. I believe it is important to eat. I personally wouldn't recommend it for a long period of time. Juice fasting for me was beneficial in accomplishing my 3 goals. And through it, I found that I was intolerant to gluten. I have had no IBS issues since removing Gluten from my diet. And I did lose my craving for bread and started craving veggies. So it does have it's benefits, but I would not use it for weight loss especially over a long period of time. Hope this helps. =)
  • MelissaHarris79
    Options
    Oh I am sorry, Juicing daily for nutrient rich foods is great! Just make sure you are not just juicing fruits. Your juice should mainly consist of veggies that are nutrient dense. =) I was under the assumption that you were juice fasting. Sorry =P
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Never juice. you turn otherwise healthy fruits and vegetables into sugar water. you don't need the carbohydrates. there is nothing healthy about juicing. the loss of fiber raises your triglycerides. don't bother. eat low carbohydrate whole foods.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    No way man running your fruits and veggies through our super duper machine gives it magical healing, life prolonging powers.

Why rely on your prehistoric teeth and digestive system to do the same job modern machinery can do for you far more efficiently?

Oh but wait, you can only get the magical healing benefits if you eliminate all other foods that dont juice well.

Protein, fat? Who needs them. Its not like they are essential or anything.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    No way man running your fruits and veggies through our super duper machine gives it magical healing, life prolonging powers.

Why rely on your prehistoric teeth and digestive system to do the same job modern machinery can do for you far more efficiently?

Oh but wait, you can only get the magical healing benefits if you eliminate all other foods that dont juice well.

Protein, fat? Who needs them. Its not like they are essential or anything.
    tumblr_inline_mx5r6uBQRA1rbu2cc.gif

Oh thank the heavens... there have not been nearly enough voices of reason in this thread... I posted a fine link to a thread earlier, but OP just wants affirmations for what she's already decided to do.
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to make a thing out of this. Just want to try it out
  • chantelp0508
    Options
    Don't be a butt muscle man
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I came in here fully expecting a conversation about steroids
  • chantelp0508
    Options
    Would've made for better conversation
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Don't be a butt muscle man

:happy:

Sorry sometimes it is the snark that breaks through.

I honestly want the best for people. I hope that using some jabbing, to show how ridiculous some of these diet fads are, will at least get you thinking about what you can expect to get out of it.

Juicing, as a way to add good nutrition into a normal diet, is a great idea. I know I could eat more fruits and veggies myself. But there is no reason to go on a juice fast, or eliminate solid foods. There is no toxic sludge build up that some over dose of veggies is going to remove or metabolic jump start effect for weight loss.
  • sentaruu
    Options
    so screw it, start doing steroids.
  • chantelp0508
    Options
    We'll drink juice while we juice : D
  • Royaltrain
    Options
    I think Anavar+primo the the go to for women.
  • sentaruu
    Options
    We'll drink juice while we juice : D

I like your style.
  • chantelp0508
    Options
    3451441E-2032-4EDB-A6A7-23256DC68C79_zpswvlahl8i.jpg

Finally made it to the store last night. I could easily be addicted to this