Is this because of eating right?

Options
Hi- I am trying to lose 20 pounds and very determined this time.

I do not eat a lot of unhealthy food, but would have a snickers bar here and there and icecream few days a night, can't say no to a coworker who brings in treats, you get the picture! And I was not a regular gym goer.

But, now I am sticking to eating healthy and hitting the gym regularly and starting to lose couple pounds. Since, then I am feeling low, depressed (not the medical condition hopefully) and sad for no reason.
Did this happen to anyone else, please let me know how you dealt with it. Is this temporary?

Replies

• yogioats
    yogioats Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating a day? Getting enough sleep? Make sure you are getting the right nutrients and enough rest. If you continue to feel worse, a follow up with your doctor may help.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    As a gal who loves her sweets, make sure you're not completely denying yourself a treat now and then. Personally, I eat my normal calories in healthy food, and then whatever I burn off with exercise I give myself back in something fun, like cookies. (Mmm, cookies.) It helps me stay on track and keeps me from having the no-sweets blues. :)
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    sweets blues :(... i guess that is what this is!!! thank you!
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    I have to keep cookies in the house for my husband. If he doesn't have sugar a couple times a week he's unbearable. Just keep it in moderation and plan it out for your caloric intake. Don't completely deprive yourself of the things you love, unless they're like a doorway to a downward spiral. Treat yourself once a week or so... balance it out.
  • Iwantchange_22
    Iwantchange_22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple days.
    U should eat more fruit, its got natural sugars in it which will boost ur mood and the vitamins in it r great for you. (Mangos and banana's go great in a smoothie for breakfast!)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sugar helps in the regulation of serotonin. Low serotonin levels make you feel sad. Your brain loves and runs on glucose, so make you sure you give it a little shot of love every now and again. :heart:
  • redog01
    Options
    It's just withdraws like with quitting anything and it will get better! You can get the same "happy boost" from exercising. Good Luck and remember never deprive yourself completely, that's just setting yourself up for sure failure. :)
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I tend to get the opposite of endorphins when I workout a lot - it kinda puts me in a bad mood. Just gotta push through. Find things that make you happy!
  • n3wbeginnings
    n3wbeginnings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you getting in enough calories?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts: not enough calories, withdrawal from sugar or caffeine, lack of Vitamin D. I know when my D level drops, b/c I feel like crap.