Help I need more calories

Dom82
Dom82 Posts: 235
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Ok I need some help. I'm regularly under my calories... a lot. :blushing:

I think just today i have 800 calories I'm not eating (thats after excerise)

the problem is I can't eat too much more then I'm already eating. I love my salad and tend to eat a lot of it.

I'm not a big fan of nuts on their own and i like my fruity low fat yogurt :love:

So i need some ideas on foods i can eat that i can boost up my calories but not undo all the hard work.

I think my food diary is public so feel free to have a look see and any tips would be fantastic :flowerforyou:

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Peanut butter- or almond butter- make them into shakes if you want to not add extra carbs. Milk or soy milk. Drink up some of your cals- that should help.
  • Protein! Chicken, turkey, eggs. It is great for working out too!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    how about peanut butter for some protein?
    Add some chicken to the salad?
    Low fat cheese with fruit?
  • I have did some research and fiber is one of the thigns that keep you full, regular bowel movement and boost your metabolism all in one. I see myself under my carlories but i havent been sticking to the plan. I need to get on the ball QUICK. Hope some of my advice help you....GOOD LUCK and stay in the RAT RACE :happy:
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Try the full fat versions of foods you love (ie: salad dressings, yoghurt). I've heard a rumour that the full fat versions of dairy products are more nutritious. Don't take my word on that, but if you're that under your calories, that's an easy way to increase.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    add some shredded cheese to the salad too, you can get an extra 150 cals there and the calcium. I'd say add nuts, but you nixed that :) I dont like them on salad, but I do like them with some peaches and if I am indulging, some cool whip. :)

Do you like avocados? They are good and calorie rich. You can make guac and eat it with some chips or some WW crackers or toasted pita. (I only like them as guac). Or you can add them to your salad. Sometimes Aldi has them cheap.

Also, be sure you are logging your exercise cals accurately (ie, not off the machine or the site's #s but off a HRM) to be sure you are not over estimating and then overeating!
  • Dom82
    not a fan of peanut butter haha i know i'm difficult :) and i try to stay away from breads because they are my weakness. and too many carbs make me gain quickly... unless I'm not eating enough carbs? or the right ones?

I eat steak, chicken or tuna with my salads.

hmm maybe adding some brown or low GI rice or a small handful of oven baked chips to my dinner?
  • What about fruit? You mentioned in your first post about salad....yogurt...but maybe incorporating some high cal/high nutricious fruits. Maybe you already eat fruit...try doubling up on them. Thats where my weakness is....I could eat so much fruit..then I forget about my veggies! Hope this helps!
  • Dom82
    Mjtwomail- i do add cheese but not a lot.. not a huge fan of cheese haha but will add avocadoes to my salads! love those :love: and totally forgot about them! yep at the moment I'm just going by what MFP says i'm burning. but i have a hard time eating my normal calories allowed a day anyway without factoring in exercise. :embarassed:

sara_m82- hmm i may give the full fat yogurt thing a try. hopefully the ones i like come in a full fat version. :huh:
  • Oatmeal or Granola there very high in calories and great for you =)
  • Dom82
    Wow i didn't realize i was picky about food....

Yep i eat fruit everyday but i may try come different types of fruit. i eat a lot of apples and at the moment nectarines. :)
  • I love all natural peanut butter. It's delicious and you don't have to feel bad about having a spoonful of 200 cals. :D
This discussion has been closed.