I'm Back and Determined to Do Better

Options
I'm back. I haven't been on here in over a year. I'm shocked to see I still have some friends! I gave up on trying to lose weight and stopped exercising and started eating whatever I wante. I have steadily been gaining weight. I went to the doctor this week and was horified to see I weigh 220 lbs. For most of my adult life I've been somewhere between 140 and 170 lbs. I've never been over 200 lbs in my life. I'm only 5 foot 4 inches. My mom recently went through heart by-pass surgery for the second time in 20 years and is nearly bedridden. Smoking and diet have been the main culprit. I don't smoke and I'm hoping if I make changes to my diet I can avoid her fate. This time I'm trying to focus on eating healthy, filling food that I enjoy; making exercise part of my daily routine like it used to be before I gave up and married my couch; and not obsessing about anything too much. My boyfriend doesn't need to lose weight but he is trying to build muscle so I will have an ally by my side. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• tay0709
    tay0709 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request :) welcome back and good luck with your target :)
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request... daily login with open dairy.
  • seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    welcome back! .feel free to add me. I have an open diary and hope to lose 15-20 lbs
  • finalorbit
    finalorbit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm looking for friends. Hope you add me! I like your motivation. :-)
  • cinnamon0033
    cinnamon0033 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I am fairly new to this site but its been like my best friend. Feel free to add me to your friends list, we all can use more of those.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me! I took a break from here as well, but much shorter than what you did!
  • Kezza220
    Kezza220 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, Add me if you like. I started at 220 in the middle of Jan and am 5 ft 3, so we have a bit in common!
  • ElisaGutierrez26
    Options
    Hi I've sent you a request
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I just started back up three days ago after a 2+ year break...and after gaining back the 85 pounds I had lost. Bah! Add me if you'd like! I could certainly use more friends and more motivation!
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    glad your back on it
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    welcome back, goodluck on your journey :)