1600 cals/day....need food inspiration & ideas

Options
I am trying to wrap my brain around eating 1600 cals (MFP goal at 1280 plus about 400 exercise calories). I use my hrm for the calories burned so I feel like I'm really on the right track. I have lost 7 lbs in a month so it's obviously working!

I'm struggling with ideas and foods to eat. After many years of thinking I could only eat 1200 calories, 1600 seems like so much!! Would anyone be willing to share their food diary with me for some inspiration?

Replies

• NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a McCormick Fiesta Chicken crock pot meal seasoning. It uses, 2 lbs chicken breast, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 can black beans, and 1 can of corn. I'm going to serve it over brown rice. I'm not sure how it tastes but my house is certainly smelling yummy right now. Total calories 451 per serving.
  • rcolwell11
    Options
    Feel free to check my log out, it's open. I typically eat "mini meals." I'm a snacker and so this is what works for me! I prefer small meals like oatmeal, fruit, glass of milk or grilled chicken salad or homemade soup. What's helped me lose 5 pounds in about three weeks though is also including snacks I really look forward to- like one honest serving of tortilla chips and a serving of cheese for "nachos." That way I have a snack I enjoy, and can incorporate in small doses as long as I'm honest about how much of them I'm eating! Feel free to check out my diary-we could all use the support:)
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1450 - 1700 recently, feel free to look at mine!
  • benlambrou
    benlambrou Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i get a lot of recipes from here, i cook everything from jamie eason other than protein bars but the meat balls and burger is really good

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut/food-recipes.html

i also do alot of stir fry meals. mine this week i used 1lb of ground chicken, 1 can mixed vegs , 1 pack of 90sec spanish rice, bag of frozen broccoli ...seperated into 4 meals and they came out to around 325cal. season chicken to taste. i use miss dash salt free.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1600 for a few months, feel free to check my diary (I go over occasionally but mostly staying under).
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    With 1600 calories, there isn't a whole lot you can't eat. I ate a Blt for lunch and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner yesterday. Just weigh and measure everything and you're golden.
  • cpeter76
    Options
    I second Jamie Eason's recipes. Her protein bars are fantastic- you really should try them! I love her chili too.
  • Trytogethealthy1
    Trytogethealthy1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who responded -- I really appreciate the support. You would think it would be easier to get out of the "diet food" mode!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    avocados and almonds (and other nuts) have a nice caloric value and are also yummy and good for you. do you have any food allergies or restrictions? what kinds of foods do you already like?

p.s. i like hummus too :D