Looking for friends to help encourage

Options
Hello, I'm somewhat new to this site but certainly not new to the whole trying to lose weight thing. This has been a life long battle for me and every since I had my four year old, (that's right! "4" years ago) I've been trying to lose the baby weight and all the other pounds I keep gaining along the way. I'll do okay for a while then I'll slam rock bottom. During these winter months I think I've even become borderline depressed. Anyway, hopefully reaching out will be a step in a better direction.

Kind Regards,

Jodi

Replies

• claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi. Welcome to MFP. I've been trying to lose that "baby weight" for 30 years!! LOL! You can add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • newy1971
    Options
    Hi Jodi,

Worry no more, there are lots of people on here that have gone through the same kinda problems and have come out the other side.
    Me? I am considered borderline "morbidly Obese", i am clinically depressed, i suffer with sleep apnoea, and i have one HELLUVA appetite when it comes to food.Lol. But i'm determined to get this monkley off my back.
    Dont suffer in silence. WELL DONE for reaching out. "Strength in numbers" thats my motto. You can drop me a message when ever you want. Im in the United Kingdom, so there may be a time difference, but i promise i will always reply.I seem to be better at motivating others than iam at motivating myself.lol. Still trying to figure that one out.

Newy :-)
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome. you will find many wonderful people here. We are all here for the same reason. You can do this:flowerforyou: Friend request sent
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodi. I know how you feel and here for any support you need:)
  • leahmarie65
    leahmarie65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Leah. Been on this site for a week, but have continued weight challenges all my life. I was 230 at the age of 19. I am 49 now and determine to lose 20 pds, not because I am trying to look good, but feel good. I notice I get depressed when I have too much body fat (anything over 25 %). Also, I have arthritis and the extra weight will help my bones. With that said, DO NOT GIVE UP. THis is a great site, if you are willing to give to yourself more than your may give to others. You can also monitor how many vitamins you are taking in with different food. I found that more veggies and fruits help alot bu also a balance diet without the bad carbs and sugars. And yes, I like to let my self go and EAT! That's why I have to be aware of it and know myself.

Dont forget the good stuff, nuts, seeds (in moderation), fruits,vegetables (alot more), lean meats, eggs, avocados (1/2 half a day), low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, almond milk, etc. Not alot of bread unless protein based made with nuts and seeds.

I love sweets so I am challenging myself on how to make really healthy desserts. Any suggestions?
  • clmice215
    Options
    Hi Jodi,
    I have just started this journey hopefully for the last time. Winter are hard months. I always feel down and wonder "what's the use" but, I come out of it and have already loss a pound since I started last week. I have sent you a friends request. Good Luck.
    Lynn
  • dmorris164
    dmorris164 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodi, I too am needing some encouragement. Everyone else in my household and most of my friends are fit and really don't need to loose weight. I feel alone sometimes.

I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. We can do this!!
  • willjenks98
    Options
    feel free to add me. Anyone can. Always looking for more MFP friends.
  • RyanneS20
    RyanneS20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also looking for new friends to help along the way. Feel free to add me.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey all feel free to add happy to support
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I can totally relate to the depression and the baby weight im looking for mfp friends so feel free to add me :)
  • FitnessChelsey
    Options
    Adding! Always looking for new friends :)
  • lisavfloyd1
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Lisa. I am 47 years old and on a recent trip to the doctor and learned that I am now the heaviest I have ever been. (320) I am now on the track to Bariatric Surgery...specifically The Gastric Sleeve. I have lost 5 pounds since I found out and have really been trying to practice discipline. I've always been a "cookie monster" who also loves cheddar sour cream potato chips, and vanilla ice-cream. My parents were both overweight. That doesn't have to be me for the rest of my life. My husband (we're separated) is 5'2" and has a 28" waist. He eats 3 times as much as I do and doesn't gain an ounce. I am reaching out for encouragement, but am willing to share my stories and progress as well. :)