Don't you hate feeling hungry?

Options
When your diary looks good and you feel like you ate enough and your stomach just reminds you it wants more? I'm trying to train it not to eat late at night!! I'm already at 12 cups of water and really get sick of going back and forth to pee even if it IS a workout! :laugh:

Replies

• yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah-I am having the "late night" problems. That is when I used to snack a lot-now I just sit here wanting to snack but holding back. Grr
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Same here..im chewing on some gum that seems to help keep my mind off it a little..
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When your diary looks good and you feel like you ate enough and your stomach just reminds you it wants more? I'm trying to train it not to eat late at night!! I'm already at 12 cups of water and really get sick of going back and forth to pee even if it IS a workout! :laugh:

YES! I can't even look at friends diary logs cuz its making me hungry! Extra Strawberry Shortcake gum in mouth with supply on hand lol
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I haven't really had a problem with hunger. I get 1430 calories a day and on my workout days I usually burn 500-600 calories. So I get a lot of food. I give myself the weekends off from exercise and I don't worry too much about sticking to my calorie goal.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I'm so hungry right now and I have absolutely no right to be. I ate more than enough!

Very frustrating.
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found that works is a cup of tea in the evening (eggnog tea is fantastic!) either sweetened with stevia or just by itself. It keeps my mouth busy and I still get a flavor that I love without any calories. I love hot drinks in the winter time and I find myself wanting to spend way too many calories on lattes or hot cocoa :)
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How about popcorn or a small yogurt before bed? I have such a hard time going to sleep on a growling stomach! I hope you sleep good tonight :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Try adding nuts or beans to your diet- small amount of nuts (1/2 ounce) helps to keep you feel full longer, beans- high in fiber.
    If you're using weights, your body is craving more protein!
    Eat!:wink:
  • asherid
    Options
    I'm hanging out on here and reading so I don't go eat anything more! Glad to hear I'm not the only one ;)
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Thank You for keeping it real. Yes I do get hungry too and sometimes can push past it and be positive but sometimes I'm just all out of positive and have a good whinge about it. Just wish people would understand that having a whinge doesn't mean I'm giving up I'm just expelling feelings.
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yup, hate it - it just feels WRONG, like I'm damaging my body. I heard yesterday there's a new word in the English language ... "Hangry" meaning bad tempered and snappy cos you're hungry (usually thru dieting) :o>
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    on the evenings when i should be asleep already, yet i can't for one reason or another, and i want a small snack (especially if i have drank a lot of water in the evening, for some reason?) i will make a cup of hot herbal tea and grab 4 table water crackers and a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese. Its less than 100 calories and satisfies my late night snack urge. Now if i could get my husband to stop bringing an entire BOX of Annie's bunnies to bed w him, i would be grateful! LOL!
  • cjegger
    cjegger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found that works is a cup of tea in the evening (eggnog tea is fantastic!) either sweetened with stevia or just by itself. It keeps my mouth busy and I still get a flavor that I love without any calories. I love hot drinks in the winter time and I find myself wanting to spend way too many calories on lattes or hot cocoa :)

Who makes eggnog tea? I love the flavor of eggnog!