Goal 1200, ate 1529, workout 181.. ok?

Options
My goal is 1200. I've stayed there for the majority. Today I ate 1529. I worked off 181. Am I doomed?

Replies

• Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You'd have to eat about 2000 a day just to maintain, and 500 extra on top of that every day all week to put on a pound.

A couple of hundred cals are ok
  • sparkesfitness
    Options
    Not at all you'd only gain weight in a surplus and I doubt that's enough surplus for you to gain weight. Just keep at it, but don't starve yourself.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You are fine.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No. You're probably still in a deficit.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Perfectly fine.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    If you feel satisfied at 1529 cals I would set that to be your goal. It'll save you some sanity in the long run and you'll still lose weight (maybe even more successfully).

When I had my goal at 1200 all I could think about was food, idk how some of you guys do it.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should mention:
    5'5"
    Currently 224 lbs.
    Age 31
    Female
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Still ok :-)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    If we were doomed because we go over our calorie limit once, none of us would lose weight.
  • ebayaddict0127
    Options
    I'm having a rough week. It's my 6th week. I've barely drank and not really cheated at all.

This week my grandma had a stroke, we took in an urgent foster dog (who is cray cray), and work is a mess. I'm not eating excessively or drinking like a fish, but I'm definitely not as strict as I was the past 6 weeks. So... I worry....
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    My goal is 1200. I've stayed there for the majority. Today I ate 1529. I worked off 181. Am I doomed?

Not doomed, unless it starts becoming a frequent habit. Which is what often happens.
  • Dnarules
    Options

Not doomed, unless it starts becoming a frequent habit. Which is what often happens.

At 1529 she is most likely still in a deficit, especially with working out. So this would probably not be bad thing for her at all.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    You're fine.

1200 is insane to me :/
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm having a rough week. It's my 6th week. I've barely drank and not really cheated at all.

This week my grandma had a stroke, we took in an urgent foster dog (who is cray cray), and work is a mess. I'm not eating excessively or drinking like a fish, but I'm definitely not as strict as I was the past 6 weeks. So... I worry....

<3 I understand. I started this whole process in 2012. Got to this time last year and one of my cats suffered kidney failure and passed away very quickly. I fell out of my healthy eating habits and gained 15 lbs over the rest of the year.=-

The important thing is that you're still aware of how much you're eating. Even when things are stressful, keep with the logging. If 1200 calories seems too little for you right now, switch the weekly weight loss goal to 1lb a week and eat more. I actually have mine set to lose 1lb, so I'm given 1450 calories/day. I aim for 1200-1300, but if I go above by a bit, I'm still under or just above my goal.
  • ebayaddict0127
    Options
    I'm not doing the TDEE or whatever. I'm hoping 1300 some calories is still ok here. My loss last week sucked.
  • Dnarules
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope things turn around. :flowerforyou:
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should mention:
    5'5"
    Currently 224 lbs.
    Age 31
    Female

I plugged your numbers into the Scooby Calculator, and it gives your BMR -- the number of calories you need just to be alive, let alone moving around or taking care of cray-cray dogs -- as 1783.

I think not only are you fine, but you may want to try upping your calories a bit. Try 1500 a day and see how you feel. Then try 1800 a day and see how things go.

1200 is too low for your height.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You're fine.

1200 is insane to me :/

Ditto
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should mention:
    5'5"
    Currently 224 lbs.
    Age 31
    Female

I plugged your numbers into the Scooby Calculator, and it gives your BMR -- the number of calories you need just to be alive, let alone moving around or taking care of cray-cray dogs -- as 1783.

I think not only are you fine, but you may want to try upping your calories a bit. Try 1500 a day and see how you feel. Then try 1800 a day and see how things go.

1200 is too low for your height.

^ this
  • ebayaddict0127
    Options
    Everyone says 1200 is too low. However, I have not once felt too hungry or starved at 1200. I think some of my anti-depressant medications lower my appetite.