Serious dog grooming question

Options
I am a dog groomer. Today I bathed 8 dogs in six hours. I do all the bathing. I mainly cage dry, fluff/comb out and the finishing clip. I use my arms a lot but don't use my legs a great deal. At this time I am using light cleaning, moderate effort but I am only using 120 minutes of the 6 hours. Does this seem reasonable?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just set your daily activity level to active
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Do you like your job? Anything you do not like about it?

I love dogs, so I have thought about working at the local SPCA, but I feel i would get so attached to the animals and be hurt to see them suffering.

I never thought about grooming - but OMG this would be (what i imagine to be) such an awesome job!

I am currently an addiction counselor, and I am going through the whole "i dont know if I can handle (or want to do) this for the rest of my life" phase. Working with dogs would be amazing!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it at all. That is something you do everyday, so your body is used to it. I bartend/serve and I don't count the 10000 miles I probably walk super fast back and forth from tables because that's just normal activity. Set yourself at one level above sedentary on your mfp thing
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Since it is your job you would up your activity level to lightly active or active and not log it as exercise.
  • AaronPentz
    AaronPentz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    dakotababy
    best job ever! I currently work for myself in a converted garage to parlor... we are in the midst of building a kennel.... Face book Woodland Kennels and Grooming... I started as a bather at 13 and soaked it all in... I don't do show grooming only pet grooming but I love every moment of it.... if you have patience and love you can do it!
  • AaronPentz
    AaronPentz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I would say change your original stats. You are definitely not in a sedentary job.
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are very busy, I would change that stat as well =)