Mommy on a Mission

Options
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I live in South Texas. I have a two year old son who keeps me on my toes. I am starting a very important journey in my life and that is...To get Healthy! I look and watch my son and with every day that passes I know that the time has come for me to push with all that I have to lose the weight and get healthy. I want to be able to play and do sports with my son when he is old enough and be fitter and healthier so that I can live long to see him grow up and make a life of his own and see his children grow up. Also another reason for joining is for my health. It seems here recently that every time that I go to the Dr he has something new to tell me that doesn't sound good. The last visit I found out that my triglycerides and cholesterol were high and that was a scary conversation between myself and my Dr. That was a smack in the face. No messing around now. I am going to do this and I know I can. I joined the gym today and come Monday i will be going and exercising and working on improving my life. I hope that I didn't go overboard with information here but that kind of is it in a nutshell i suppose. Thanks for listening!! :)

Replies

• kpierson1987
    kpierson1987 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me! I am in Texas too and a new mommy to a precious 3 month old. Where in Texas are you?
  • tfoste6278
    tfoste6278 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I completely know how u feel. I am a 35yr mother of 4yr twins starting weight at 234-11. I am sick of this. I have been battling my weight before the twins. In my last yr of high school I swear I think I gained 100 lbs in that yr. every since its been up in down. However, I have never been up to 234 and I felt every bit of it. The tiredness, the feelings of not being able to play with my twins and please don't forget the body aches. I too am a mommy on a mission with a I cant stop because I want to live attitude. So girl lets get it, lets do it, go mommy power!!!
  • melissabowman11
    Options
    Re: kpierson1987

Aww I remember those days. I have son and he is two and a half. Cherish every moment of if, time flies. I am in San Antonio area, how about you?
  • melissabowman11
    Options
    Re: tfoste6278

Here's to Mommy Power!!!! You can do it and congratulations to what you have lost so far. I have just started but I am determined. :happy:
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me :smile: I'm here everyday. Good luck on your healthy journey.