Darn leg fat!!!

Options
I started off at 127lbs, which may not seem like a lot but for me it was. I've been using this app seriously since Jan.1,14 and have lost 10lbs. I have gone down atleast 2 pant sizes. My love handles are almost gone! I know you can't target any specific area but for some reason I can't seem to lose the fat on my legs! I know cardio, and specific exercises will help, but I need a solid routine to follow. I should add that I have finished the squat challenge and am starting it all over again because it worked so well..for my thighs but not legs! Anyways, if any one has an actual routine that I can follow that includes how many reps a day and everything, it would be greatly appreciated!! And I would love to know what worked for you for losing leg fat!

Replies

• djemberhythm
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have six pack abs, but for some reason, despite hundreds of squats and being a runner, my thighs are still not toned. I don't quite understand it! I will stick around to see others' responses.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Make your squats deeper, if you stay above 90 degrees, it mostly targets your thighs.
    Try hip thrusts and kettlebell swimgs too.
  • Snair4
    Snair4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just a curiousty, for your stomach what routine did you follow? What kind of exercises/weight lifting did you do and how often? Also what did you eat? Thanks!! :)
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with my thighs, and while they're still far from perfect, I've been seeing some improvement. I've added weights to my leg exercises - squats, lunges, etc - and yoga.
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    Just a curiousty, for your stomach what routine did you follow? What kind of exercises/weight lifting did you do and how often? Also what did you eat? Thanks!! :)

There is no routine for your stomach, just eat at small deficit, enough protein, and do a combi of lifting weights and cardio.
  • Snair4
    Options
    Awesome thanks! I don't really know much when it comes to lifting weights, so this may sound a bit stupid, but what pound weights should I be lifting at first and how so? and for how long? Sorry for all the questions!! :$
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I would check out New Rules of Lifting..got it cheap on Amazon. My legs have improved alot..but realize it is a slowwwwww process!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    My leg fat never really went away until recently, when I lost really the last of my fat weight (I'm just a bit underweight right now, and I'll be honest and say I've still got a tiny bit of visible cellulite on my very uppermost thighs). I do a lot of deep squats and lunges and they look very tight and defined now.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Wait, where on your legs is fat? You said the squats worked for your thighs, but not your legs.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks! I don't really know much when it comes to lifting weights, so this may sound a bit stupid, but what pound weights should I be lifting at first and how so? and for how long? Sorry for all the questions!! :$

It's a little bit of trial and error at first. Pick up a dumbell. Give it a curl or raise it over your head. How does it feel? Super light? Go heavier. Too heavy? Try something lighter. You don't want it too light - you still want to be working. But, you don't want to hurt yourself either.
  • fushigi1988
    Options

Go for a weight that you can lift about 10 times with good form. 3 sets of 10 or so.
    I'm doing beautiful badass by Nia Shanks now, love it.
  • Snair4
    Options
    The first week I'll start off with something light, the best way is to lift over the shoulders?

I'll definitely check that book out thanks!!

And most of the fat is around my calves! My whole body has lost fat and slimmed down, except that area! Looks so bad:(