iPhone or Android... which is better?

Options
chelekaz
chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
Time for an AT&T upgrade ... trying to decide if I am getting an iPhone or Android. Thankfully w/ upgrade and 2yr contract I can get either for $50 and it will be an early Christmas gift from my mom-in-law. Does anyone have these and what are your thoughts? I know that both are compatible so that I can also access MFP mobile which is really good too!

Thoughts ... suggestions .... all welcome.
Thanks!

Replies

• sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    we just upgraded with verizon thought we wanted andriod, after talking with the sales rep about what we needed our phones to do we went with blackberry storm2 9550. LOVE THE PHONE and have not had any problems.
    it all boils down to what u need the phone to do.. good luck what ever u choose i hope u enjoy!!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    They are both good phones. My suggestion would be to go to a store and play around with both phones. I personally have a Droid, but everyone's preferences are different.
  • tculler
    Options
    Wow - This is like asking if you like PCs or Macs better, or which of your children is your favorite. At this point, it all depends on the carrier. I've used both the iPhone and an Android phone (the Droid), and there are thousands of very similar (or identical) applications available for each. That's why it comes down to the carrier. Does AT&T (the only iPhone vendor) work better where you use your phone the most, or does another carrier (T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc.) work better?

Be a bit leery of anyone sayting that one phone platform is hands-down, head and shoulders above the other. There are a good many Android-based phones out there that are on par (or dare I say better) than the iPhone, while on the other hand there is a reason why all other phones are measured against the iPhone.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You're already on AT&T, so iPhone is the best (best integrated software/hardware solution out there). But, wait 6 months, and there is always a new version of either phone. I'm still holding off on upgrading from the iPhone 3G because it is paid for, and I might as well wait for the next iPhone with an improved antenna design.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Android.

Just personal preference. :smile:

I could go into whole novel about mobiles, but it will always be your own personal preference. Do a little research on the internet and you will find out what phone is best for you.

Here is a good site to help you.

http://www.gsmarena.com/reviews.php3
  • qtwells82
    Options
    I LOVE my Droid. It has the MFP app on it...not sure if the iphone does, but i would imagine it would.
    I have a couple of friends that have the iphone and love it.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love my droid too! I have the HTC Hero...and would love love love the new HTC with the slide out keyboard...mine is a touch screen, but i recommend getting the sliding phone, the touch screen is a pain sometimes...but the apps rock, i can download spreadsheet from my work comp and edit them on my phone:blushing: because i'm a geek like that...it has stellar capacity for storage...love it
  • Android! I had an iPhone for 2 years and switched to an Android after my iPhone fell off the side of my boat and ended up in the bottom of a lake (lol). The differences are huge in my opinion. The Droid is much more customizable whereas the iPhone really isn't at all. I find my Droid phone faster to respond, more features, etc. Love it! Would never go back to the iPhone.

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Android! I had an iPhone for 2 years and switched to an Android after my iPhone fell off the side of my boat and ended up in the bottom of a lake (lol). The differences are huge in my opinion. The Droid is much more customizable whereas the iPhone really isn't at all. I find my Droid phone faster to respond, more features, etc. Love it! Would never go back to the iPhone.

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

I hate to say it, but the leaf's fan over here is right...GAWD you can't even tease the man because he's holding strong to the Maple Leafs :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, Edmonton isn't doing any better this year...:cry:
  • WhyNot2010
    Options
    a good friend of mine has the iphone and absolutely loves it.... she got it when it 1st came out.... no issues
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with the droid. But I LOVE my iphone. A LOT. it does have the MFP app.

I love that it syncs with my computer and when my first iphone was stolen, I replaced it (with the iphone 4), and the moment I plugged it into my computer, I was able to retrieve everything. Photos, text messages, you name it, it ALL came back. Very good feeling.

I have not had any issues at all with the phone dropping calls because of the much hyped antenna situation.

I'd recommend an iphone to anybody.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'd never switch from my iPhone to a Droid.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    I LOVE my Droid. It has the MFP app on it...not sure if the iphone does, but i would imagine it would.
    I have a couple of friends that have the iphone and love it.

Iphone does have the app :)
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've had an Android for over a year... first the Droid and now I sport the Droid X... you couldn't give me an i-phone. I love my Verizon coverage, the ability to customize my Droid and you don't have to pay for every application.

I have MFP on my phone. I also have some really cool exercise apps that help me while walking outside.

You will probably have to actually play with the phones to determine which one suits you best.

Good luck and have fun.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    flip a coin.....but if youre already with AT&T why switch

I love my Iphone but my best friend, she swears by her droid
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Okay, bought the Motorola Bravo ... android O/S ... hope I didn't make a mistake!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid & love it to death. I know two others with the same exact phone who hates it. My friend has an iPhone, and she really likes it too... basically, depends on your personal preferences. They both have similar qualities.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've had both. The iphone 3GS and now the HTC Nexus One. While I liked the AT&T network better than T-Mobile one I'm on now, I love my droid based phone tons more than the iphone. I had jailbroken my iphone and it was loads better that way than the way it comes standard, I was able to do some of the things I can do with my droid but the droid is just way easier. I can set up wireless wifi hotspots, tether, download any kind of app I want and loads of other stuff. I'm a google kid through and through though.
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    LOVE, love my iPhone. I'm on my 2nd one but then I'm a Mac geek at heart.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Iphone!