sodas

Options
Okay, I have a question for those of you who have been successful here. What's the verdict on diet soda?
I usually don't drink them b/c of the sweeteners, but I need something to quench my sweet tooth. I'm desperate for a solution.
Any comments are appreciated
thanks

Replies

• clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Okay, I have a question for those of you who have been successful here. What's the verdict on diet soda?
    I usually don't drink them b/c of the sweeteners, but I need something to quench my sweet tooth. I'm desperate for a solution.
    Any comments are appreciated
    thanks
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda, completely. Try "Crystal Light On The GO" packets...they ROCK! They have many new flavors.:flowerforyou:

Best of luck to you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I drink very little diet soda. I prefer the flavored water.
  • Khaluhacat
    Options
    Well I can say a few years back I NEVER drank Diet soda, until I started babysitting at a house where that was the main fizzy drink. I can say it is highly addictive if you get hooked. Diet can cause you to lose bone calcium, and you could have adverse reactions to aspertame. The cans says contains phylaneronics you should type it in to google and look at that. Best yet get the can to make sure it is spelled right, as I do not have the best spelling. Anyway, 5 years later I am off diet coke. I used it as a cruch from regular soda, I ended up drink about 4 a day. So now what I do is drink regular coke but only 1/2 a can a day if that. I always keep in mind those empty calories, so I never drink a full can, but still get the sweet treat by halfing it.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I drink one diet a day. Diet Pepsi is my preference.:happy:
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a diet soda here and there won't hurt but there have been studies that there is something in diet soda that can trigger hunger later on. (Some kind of chemical) So it would be best to stay away from them. Have you tried flavored water? Fruit 2 O is good and Walmart carries good cheap carbonated flavored waters -the key lime tastes similar to sprite!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Have you tried flavored water? Fruit 2 O is good and Walmart carries good cheap carbonated flavored waters -the key lime tastes similar to sprite!

What other alternatives to water are there? That's one of my biggest hurdles - drinking more water. I've never been much of a drinker at all - and to drink water alone?! Are you kidding me? :noway: I used to hate water.

I am getting better. Lately, I've been trying to get most of my water intake while at work. It's easier for me to keep the bottle close by my side while I'm sitting at the computer and I find that I pick it up and drink without thinking about it.

Here's a question...At what point is water NOT water anymore? I mean if I add a Crystal Light to it, is that good enough? Or how 'bout a tea bag?
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Thanks. I am just worried about death by aspartame. I like Diet Dr. Pepper caffeine free, does Crystal Light use Splenda?
    Anyway, the more tips the better.
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    I go back and forth on diet sodas... not so much because of the sweeteners (i LOOOOOVE splenda - however, aspartame kind of makes me bloated) but because of the carbonation... and i guess because aspartame makes my tummy feel huuuge!

Try sweetening up some ice tea with some lemon and splenda or chomp on some fruit. usually that sugar boost keeps me going. or, if you really can't fight the sweet craving, eat a few semi sweet chocolate morsels.
  • kristineh86
    Options
    ahh i drink so much diet coke its not even funny. Well actually I try to drink 2-3 a day. Maybe that is a bad thing but I don't drink tea or coffee so it is the only way I get some caffeine in! I drink a TON of water though. At least 10 -8oz cups a day. Water is my best friend and I really think that has helped cancel out the diet coke. I also don't have weight to lose anymore but when I did I was still drinking diet coke...I guess everyone is different and do what you think is best :)
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    It's been five years since I've had any type of soda. Yesterday was the first time I had a diet Pepsi. Upon starting this lifestyle change, when I gave up soda, I lost 25lbs alone on that so it really showed me how much that has affected my body. Now, I avoid it like the plague.

I prefer Diet Green Tea, Propel or Crystal Lites to help my sweet tooth.