Trying to eat healthier but not getting enough calories

Options
Lately I've been trying to eat more healthy foods such as vegetables, fruit and lean meats but every time i try to do this my calorie intake for the day ends up being quite low (at a guess i'd say it's anywhere from 600-800 calories a day) cause calories in fruit and veg are usually very low.

Is there any other kinds of healthy foods that I can add to my list? Cause I'm really clueless when it comes to healthy foods. All I know if that fruit, veg and lean meats are good for you and that's it. Also money is an issue for me right now so it's gotta be cheap and healthy lol

And I don't like eggs and Onions BTW

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though you are on the right track but taking it to the extreme. You need to eat a bit more to make sure you are getting enough good nutrition into your body to keep you healthy and full of energy.

It sounds to me as though you need to add some fats in there.
    What about cheese and other dairy; eggs (doesn't have to be an omelette, do you eat them mixed into other dishes like into mince to make a meatloaf?); nuts; olive oil for cooking or dressings; higher cal veggies like potato, sweet potato, etc; avocado.
    Beans and lentils are great too.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though you are on the right track but taking it to the extreme. You need to eat a bit more to make sure you are getting enough good nutrition into your body to keep you healthy and full of energy.

It sounds to me as though you need to add some fats in there.
    What about cheese and other dairy; eggs (doesn't have to be an omelette, do you eat them mixed into other dishes like into mince to make a meatloaf?); nuts; olive oil for cooking or dressings; higher cal veggies like potato, sweet potato, etc; avocado.
    Beans and lentils are great too.

Good suggestions. In addition, add quinoa.