A Love Song For My Barbell ~50 lbs down

Options
SugaryLynx
SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
I never saw myself loving weightlifting. In fact, the only reason I picked it up was because my brother in law couldn't fit his bench press and weights in his new place and it fit very nicely in my garage. I needed an exercise and a gym wasn't an option. I was 6 months post partum after having my second child. I topped out at 190 lbs before I gave birth. I decided to give it a try. My mom warned me that I should never lift over 50 lbs. At first, her warning affected me. Made me doubt what I was doing. But, I was never a good listener when it came to my mother. I kept going.

I started with 1200 calories. I kept telling myself how awesome I felt, even when hunger pangs hit me at work or I'd down it with water when I could. Then, I found the forums here. It was a fountain of information (and misinformation if you're not careful). My eyes opened. I discovered women got sexy from lifting heavy and that I could eat more than 1200 and lose! My mind exploded. I switched it up to 1550. I became less angry and tired. Now, I eat close to 1800 and lose. I use the philosophy of iifym as my ground. I eat ice cream and flaming hot cheetos before bed while I play video games.

I also lift over 50 lbs now in all my lifts. I just hit a new 1 RM goal of being able to Squat my body weight. I want to test myself. Now that I'm at the end of just "losing weight", I've fallen for that big rack in my garage. The one I go out to 4x a week in -12 degree weather to test myself. Because my journey doesn't end when a number on a scale tells me. Fitness and health is life long. What started as a goal to hit a certain number has evolved into something incredible. I hope everyone can feel that passion for what they do, in everything in life.

And now, some pics **wavy hands**

Me after bebe
30ud6wm.jpg

Start at 170 lbs vs current
2hxafcl.jpg

Dem guns
301nabp.jpg

2njja75.jpg

2i24vt2.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!