jump rope for obese people?

Options
also looking for a group that has to do with such things.

thoughts?

Replies

• Cohen12345
    Cohen12345 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 205pds btw with not so good ankles.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Im 220 lbs. Last week in Crossfit I did 1275 jump ropes and 300 thrusters! !! It can be done!!
  • Cohen12345
    Options
    cool!
    what are thrusters?
  • Cohen12345
    Options
    is jumping rope better than stationary bike?
  • gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Im 220 lbs. Last week in Crossfit I did 1275 jump ropes and 300 thrusters! !! It can be done!!

Oh thanks! I didn't think I could jump rope. I was afraid, so I stuck with high knees and rotating my hands like when doing jump rope.
    So, thank you!
    So inspirational!

Ps: 174lbs here.
  • catholiclorimom
    catholiclorimom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I, too, am obese and have had trouble with my knees. So I went to a fitness program at the dr's for 12 weeks. Did knee strengthening exercises, rode an exercise bike and GRADUALLY worked into walking. Now my knees don't bother me at all, but I wouldn't do anything that jars my knees (or your ankles) and risk injury. Wear good sturdy shoes, don't jump on cement/or hard surfaces, and start out slowly--Good luck!
  • Cohen12345
    Options
    I, too, am obese and have had trouble with my knees. So I went to a fitness program at the dr's for 12 weeks. Did knee strengthening exercises, rode an exercise bike and GRADUALLY worked into walking. Now my knees don't bother me at all, but I wouldn't do anything that jars my knees (or your ankles) and risk injury. Wear good sturdy shoes, don't jump on cement/or hard surfaces, and start out slowly--Good luck!

how much do you weigh? if you don't mind me asking
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    cool!
    what are thrusters?

Its like a squat with dumbells. They suck!! 1 sucks but 300 sucks more than anything has ever sucked before!!
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm at 194 - and I can feel it in my knees. I have been doing jumping jacks. There is a youtube 20 min. video on jumping jacks, so I just put that on and away I go. I think that would be good too. I am working my way up to twice a day doing them 3-4 days a week. Once the ice and snow are gone I will get back to walking- that is a great exercise too.
  • Cohen12345
    Options
    I heard if you only jump 1/4 inch its low impact.

is this true?
  • catholiclorimom
    Options
    am looking to loose at least 50 lbs, tried to loose without exercise--didn't work. I need to both cut calories and exercise--swim, ride a bike, or walk.
  • catholiclorimom
    Options
    you must be super coordinated if you can get that jump rope under your feet with a tiny jump. I wonder if I could walk with a jump rope? maybe holding it in my hand--ha ha
  • Cohen12345
    Options
    so what abou 2/4 3/4 and 4/4?
    an inch caint be too hard right?