Healthy, fit and .... in college

Options
Hey!!!

I've joined about a month ago and had a lot of success on this site already! I want to find more friends in college, or college age, trying to have a healthy lifestyle while people are either wanting you to party all the time... and then go get fast food or ihop late at night! People that understand the struggle of buying healthy food & finding time to exercise while trying to pay tuition and rent and work and study all at the same time :) Yep, I have gotten crap for going to farmer's markets on the weekends and getting overly excited about a good deal on veggies, canning applesauce from my apple tree, and refusing to have a bite of pizza. But you know what, it's worth it!!

So feel free to add me, just wanting some more support to add to my already awesome group of MFP friends!! Especially if you believe you can be healthy, fit AND in college.

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    yes! I WILL not be a victim of the freshman 15!!!

anyone can add me if they would like as well ^-^

good luck to you :]
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Awesome, you're taking charge as a freshman, that's great!! I've had the freshman, soph, and jr 10. but now it's gone!! still more to go however but MFP is a great help and I know I can do it!
  • dancah18
    Options
    Hey i'm a freshman as well and i'm trying to find college kids too! I'm glad there are college kids besides me and my friends on here! :)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    hey im a college freshman also :)
  • kgerson
    Options
    I'm in graduate school and still struggling with the issues from undergrad. I hope this program can help me stay on track. Congrats on your efforts. I also noticed that you are tall like me. I find that further inspiring.

Thanks,
    Katie
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You guys saved me ... I am in this site for the past few weeks... and the one thing that i am unable to avoid...." THE PARTIES" ... i could use your help...
    good luck ...

Add request sent :smile:
  • see_ruff_loose
    Options
    I don't know any of you, but I am so proud of each and every one of you. Know that you are so worth it. You are our future. We are worth it too.

Keep fighting the good fight.
  • quizzl
    Options
    I'll definitely add you. I'm certainly going through that balancing healthy lifestyle and work and school. :smile:
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started that freshman 15 gain & now than I'm ending my freshman year realized I didn't want to carry these nasty habits into sophomore year or the rest of my life. I came here a little over 3 weeks ago & lost 9lbs so far :)

College age can be any age. I have people in my class ranging from 18-60's lol

Best wishes to you! And good job!
  • azulita
    Options
    I'm in college too, lost 13 pounds since I used my firness pal! Its sooo great. I have 9 more to go to get to my ideal weight.
  • getthere120
    Options
    HEY! I am a sophomore in college, but I am a freshman in a musical theater conservatory. I transferred after my first year, but I also graduated high school a year early.. so I am 19 and trying to be my smallest and healthiest self. They put a lot of pressure on us as far as our physical appearances are concerned in the conservatory. I would love to come back from summer at my ideal weight.

I am 5'5'' and currently weigh 132 lbs. I started out the year at 155 (ehh) and I would love to get to 127 by the start of May and come back from the summer between 115 and 120. I have a very muscular build and tend to weigh quite a bit more than I look like I weigh. I guess that would mean that I'm dense..?

Anyway, if any of you have support for me or would like support from me, I would love to be there for ya'll.