Need a diet buddy to help me stay on track

Options
I will be 60 years old this year and have done so many diets. Some of which I have had success, some I have not........always regretfully regaining the weight. Now that I'm older, I can't seem to get motivated enough to get started with a diet/exercise plan and then sticking to it. My kids gave me a membership to the local gym, along with personal training. I have been exercising for a month now, but have not lost a single pound. Seems like my appetite has increased and I have not stuck to a diet plan while exercising. Now I realize that if I'm going to shed these pounds, I'm going to have to track what I eat. Would sure appreciate a diet buddy to encourage me and help me be strong.

Replies

• 55romaine
    Options
    Would be happy to encourage and be encouraged. I will send you a friend request.
  • BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a diet buddy to stay on track! I know I do! :) oh oh pick me! *jumping up and down raising hand :D
  • neener1954
    Options
    No chocolate for me this Valentine's Day!!!! I made it through without having any craving for it.......

Well the weather has been much warmer in Texas, but the wind has blown a gale today. Had planned on helping my husband build a wild hog trap today, but didn't because of how windy and dusty it was. Ended up watching a funny movie.

So far I've stayed within my calories today, still need to get 26 grams of protein in me to meet daily amount shown on tracker, so planning on have a protein shake for supper. I keep going over the allowed sugar on the tracker. I used lite Agava syrup to make sweet/sour red cabbage for lunch and found out that it is loaded with calories and sugar......so I'm not using it again.

After bottle feeding the baby calf, feeding the horse and pouring out feed for the cows, my husband and I headed to town for the gym and do a few errands. While doing the Alpine Run mode on the Treadmill, I got very dizzy. It is some better, but I'm still a little dizzy. Was wondering if this has ever happened to any of you..................Maybe it will be better tomorrow.
  • susies1955
    susies1955 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll be 59 this year.
    I started back on Atkins on Feb 3rd. I lost 6 pounds the first week and nothing this week.
    I just started using MYFITNESSPAL today. I used it very little a long long time ago. I normally
    use FITDAY but this one does seem to be easier.
    Friend me if you like.
    Susie in northern NY
  • momslastdiet
    momslastdiet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friends! I'll be 59 this year, and have dieted on and off since seventh grade. We are empty-nesters this year and I had both knees replaced last July. To get ready for surgery I joined MFP and did very well. Post surgery, not so well - partially due to recovering and not being able to move around. So I gained some of the loss back :( Now I'm back on track and can exercise more than I have in years. I try not to eat back my exercise calories. I rely on my MFP friends and also the Community message boards when I need a lift, nice to know we are not alone on this journey to be healthier! Friend me and we can support each other, helpful hints, etc!
  • betreich
    betreich Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 58 this year, and think I am trying to get off a similar amount of weight. I started on MFP early Jan, and it really makes sense to me and is working thus far. I have had issues with my weight with what feels like all my life. I think I have a good understanding of what makes up a good diet, but the mindless snacking/ bingeing has been my downfall. I would love more friends for mutual support. Will send a friend request. Cheers