Am I paying for my red days?

Options
I was so successful in August/September and was sticking to 1200 calories. When I fell I was ok for a bit but now want to get back to it. I upped my intake to 1400 because I just don't need to lose 2lbs a week or be so strict. I am comfortable with where I am at but there is still room for improvement.

Anyway I weighed myself on Nov.23 and I was 140.2 which was a shocker since in October I went from 138 to 142. I hate 142!
So Nov.23 I was 140.2, I weighed on the 27th and was 140 and today 142.4!!!

I was under my calories all week by 90-140 except for 2 where I was probably around 500 over :mad: I am trying. So am I just paying for those 2 days now or is my 1400 calories not working?

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    As your closer to your goal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

please read this!

good luck
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    2 pounds is really not a lot. I weigh about 130 and some days I will go up to as much at 135 the day after a grueling workout (water retention) and some days I will go down to 128. I would say keep up what you are doing and try to weigh in again in a week. How tall are you? At most heights I think 140 is in the "normal" zone which makes it more difficult to lose weight. I just hit 130 today and my last goal of 135 I hit at the end of August. So it took me almost 3 full months to lose 5 pounds. I hope this helps! Maybe try to shake up your exercise... the "over" day could also be extra sodium in your diet or something that is also helping you retain water...
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is really not a lot. I weigh about 130 and some days I will go up to as much at 135 the day after a grueling workout (water retention) and some days I will go down to 128. I would say keep up what you are doing and try to weigh in again in a week. How tall are you? At most heights I think 140 is in the "normal" zone which makes it more difficult to lose weight. I just hit 130 today and my last goal of 135 I hit at the end of August. So it took me almost 3 full months to lose 5 pounds. I hope this helps! Maybe try to shake up your exercise... the "over" day could also be extra sodium in your diet or something that is also helping you retain water...

Isn't it amazing how that works. I jumped 5 lbs one day and then the next it was gone.
  • danmullen
    Options
    I'd really recommend not weighing in so often. It can give you a false impression of how you're doing and that could dishearten you. Stick to once a week at most. Keep going :)
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My nutritionist recommended "damage control" for me..and said that after everyday i go way over calories, i need to be really good for 2 days (big salads, exercise) and that helps not gain weight from red days.

hope this helps!
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!

Last week was Thanksgiving, you need to let yourself off the hook, so long as you start today and get back with the program.

I was on WeightWatchers for several years and lost a lot of weight, the key is to not torment yourself with your mistakes. Just keep trying. It's like a Japanese proverb:

"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I'm right there with you. It seems that my weight is up more now than it was when I was indulging in all the Thanksgiving food. I did have a heavy duty workout yesterday and I can feel that my calves are swollen. I'm thinking this will pass as my body gets used to the heavy working out again. Or I could always cut back on my workouts just a little to give my body time to get rid of the excess water.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    First off, you may be weighing yourself too frequently. Personally, my weight fluctuates by 3 lbs when I am feeling bloated from too much salt or carb intake the night before, or if I need to do nature's duty. So, your weight fluctuation seems pretty normal and I wouldn't worry a bit about it. Just keep up the great work!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ok my day just got worse :cry: I know I shouldn't weigh so much but I just did and the scale said 146 then 147 and even 148. WTF!!! How is that even possible. I am off to bed ... I cannot even believe it. I haven't weighed that much since September.