Loose skin?

Options
2»

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I don't really have much loose skin but I lost the weight very slowly (over 3+ years) AND I ate very well in the process. I am hopeful that my resistance exercise and swimming will eventually tighten up the loose skin I do have. I am like the poster who said that she couldn't wear a bikini but she can now walk up the stairs. I'm 66 years old and wouldn't wear a bikini anyway. :laugh:
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and have lost 95 lb in the last 4 yrs. I drink tons of water but have not done much weight training. Mostly cardio. My lose skin is minimal. I still have about 25 more lbs I want to lose though. The key really is losing slow and lots of water. Weight training will probably help a lot too!

Thanks! this is helpful for me. I am 40 and lost 50lbs last year with another 50 to go. So it is helpful to keep in mind slower will be better for me :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    It all depends on age and genetics. Frankly worrying about loose skin when your weight is putting you at risk for a whole host of life threatening diseases, not to mention doing damage to your joints and ligaments, seems to be focusing on the wrong place. Life is more than looks. Here is a good thread to look at. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1164025-loose-skin-the-real-deal
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    i don't think anyone really gets away without some loose skin after dropping a lot of lbs. And age and genetics certainly make a difference. I have excess skin on my tummy (but as others have said I have had 3 kids so it was never going to be perfectly flat and smooth with all those stretch marks anyways!) and on my boobs - which have gone from a 42E to a 36DD.

I did have massive bingo wings that I thought would never go - but with some quite light weights arm exercises they are in fact nicely toning up....

And loose skin is indeed sooooo much better than wobbly fat tyres :)

"bingo wings"? And totally agree that loose skin is preferable to big blobs of fat. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!