Do you ever ask yourself "What was I thinking?!"

Options
So driving to work today I found myself just really frustrated and unhappy with my weight/size and food choices. I love getting dressed up for work and am fortunate to have a closet packed with beautiful stylish clothes. However I rarely wear any of them outside the standard a-line dress with thick black tights. Why? Because none of these beautiful clothes fit me, I literally don't wear pants because they never fit and I get depressed having to go up a size. The reason I am so down is mainly because I get in these slumps where I just don't work out and eat whatever I feel like. This past summer I was determined to get back in shape after having gained some weight following a bad med and a lot of life changes. I was doing fantastic, eating well and even got into lifting heavy and was seeing great results! 5'7' 130lbs!!! Fast forward to September and I got engaged (yay!) But in the weeks following got off track with celebration dinners and drinks and then skipping workout to check out venues etc... In my mind I just was "having fun" and deserved the extra drinks and dinners! Every week I would find a different excuse to "get back on track next week" and I have tons of time to lose weight before the wedding! Fast forward to now I just began logging and exercising 3 1/2 weeks ago. I am so discouraged today. I have yet to lose a single pound (I'm pretty such I am retaining a lot of water and muscles are in recovery mode from jumping back into workouts) and am just so sick of my clothes not fitting. I am so mad at myself for doing this to myself. I keep telling myself take it one day at a time, but today I am really struggling to stay positive. Something about re-losing the weight that you stupidly gained from bad choices is getting to me today. Does any one else just get so mad at themselves for not stopping sooner and wrecking progress they have made?

Replies

• rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Stay patient & keep at it! I once poofed up 2.5 pounds overnight after a heavy workout from sore muscles. You'll get there!