T25

Options
I am thinking of purchasing the T25 workout. My workout habits consist of cardio at the gym and various Jillian Michaels DVDs 3-4times a week. I am hoping T25 will make working out a daily habit. However with the cost I don't want to purchase if the cost isn't worth the results?

Anyone have experience with the workout? Is it worth it!?

Replies

• jeaninemckinney
    Options
    I absolutely love T25!!! Im in my 6th week and i havent missed a day yet...which is huge for me :-) im so damn proud of myself! I have atleast 8 if not more jillian michaels videos and have never ever stuck with them! Ive attempted multiple times to do the 30 day shred and never made it past the beginning of level 3 (and that was far for me lol) but i finally found something that pushes me and i actually want to do every day! Believe me there are times when i dont want to or im crazy tired but i suck it up cuz i know im going to be dissapointed if i dont! Expecially once youve made it past a few weeks u really dont want to start over again! You will get amazing results as long as u put forth the effort just like with anything else! I dont think u will be dissapointed at all! And just like with anything beachbody u get a 30 day money back garauntee(dont think i spelled that right) ive been wanting to do 30 day shred just to see how easy it is to me now, compared to T25!!! Jillian has nothing on Shaun T :-) :-) :-) hope that helped some! Feel free to sdd me or ask me any questions if u have any! Good luck
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    T25 is amazing. So is P90X3. It all depends on your goals. T25 is more cardio-heavy, whereas X3 is more balanced with strength training - cardio - stretch workouts. Either program is totally worth the investment!

Good luck :smile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of purchasing the T25 workout. My workout habits consist of cardio at the gym and various Jillian Michaels DVDs 3-4times a week. I am hoping T25 will make working out a daily habit. However with the cost I don't want to purchase if the cost isn't worth the results?

Anyone have experience with the workout? Is it worth it!?

It won't. The only things that can make working out a daily habit are: Your commitment. Your desire to see results. Without those things, T25 (or any other program) is just a set of DVDs taking up space.

That said, if you feel you need something in a DVD player to help you, then it's fine.
  • TiBrad46
    TiBrad46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started it a week ago last Monday and I am loving it so far. I liked P90X but didn't have an hour or more a day to devote to it, so I thought I'd try this. Like the others have said, I may not always feel like doing it in the morning, but I've made myself -- telling myself I can devote 25-30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week to this. I'm already seeing results! Absolutely do-able in a busy schedule!
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    T25 is great ... with regard to price, you may want to look into Weider Ruthless w/ Steve Uria - I snagged it for only $29.99 at Walmart - 20 workout videos on 10 DVDs, all 20 minutes each - hardcore, non-stop. You can do one or stack them - do one in the morning, one in the evening. Same concept as T-25 and at 20 minutes, you have no excuse not to workout.
  • niqu11
    niqu11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've really enjoyed T25. It seems simple- only 25 minutes, the moves don't look too complicated... but then you start and you realize it's an intense 25 minutes, no breaks! Plus, you really can't convince yourself NOT to pop in the DVD, since it's only 25 minutes. Message me if you have any questions about the workouts!
  • MrsTartPattinson
    Options
    jeaninemckinn said it perfectly. I didn't want to fork the money over either but I started January 5th on T25 and I love it. I can't believe how motivating it was and how much I WANTED to stick with it. the 1st month is the hardest but then you start to see and feel the results and it's almost addicting, I did 2 T25 workouts yesterday! Supposedly the 2nd month is when most of the 'yay' transformation starts. but Iknow in 6 weeks I've lost 8 lbs and a total of 14 inches in my thighs, hips, waist, chest, and arms.
    there are 1 or 2 workouts that you will LOVE, twice as many that you will like and at the most 1 that you frown just a little when doing it. Mine's the ab ones, I still feel inadequate but I'm down 2 pant sizes.
    You can PM me too, Good luck to you!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Less than 1/2 price. I just ordered mine!
    http://coffeehots.net/focus-t25-workout-dvd-program-1542859878.html

:drinker:
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Is this a legit site? It seems crazy that it is that cheap! I am a bit nervous to order off it.
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Does anyone in their mid-fifties use this? I have wanted to order but I am not as limber as some of you younger folks
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of Beta and I love the program. As of today I've lost ten pounds since starting, but honestly even more than that, I feel so much stronger, healthier and happier. I genuinely enjoy the workouts (probably because I just find Shaun T so charming and funny). As for the price, do some checking around on places like Craigslist before you order: my mom found two sets of the program for $50 each on Craigslist and ordered them for the both of us. You may not always get all of the extra material when you don't order directly from Beachbody, but in my case it did come with all of it, so it is possible to find them less expensively.
  • _Fly_
    _Fly_ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    T25 is amazing and so far the best workout program I have completed. Alpha is more cardio heavy but it prepares you for Beta which has more strength training and uses weights. Gamma is mainly strength training and is awesome. I really felt a big difference during Gamma and would sometimes add an odd Speed 2.0 cardio workout here and there as I didn't sweat as much during the last stage.
    I'm planning on doing T25 all over again soon. But this time I'm gonna try to do to workouts every day. :)
  • jecmiami
    Options
    I've been using it for a week, I'm no gym bunny or athlete. Kick boxing was my workout but it got boring. Before I purchased it, I researched it online mostly reading the Amazon.con reviews. Is it worth it...yes...in my opinion. At first you will find it intimidating BUT he has one of his team members do a "modified version" aka easier versions of each workout for beginners or when you feel you cant go anymore follow her instead until the end. Is it tough...YES...c'mon even the other very fit team members on the video are being pushed to their limits and you can see it in their faces! There is a lot of jumping and some rather tricky moves that will take practice to learn. Personally I like it, I definitely feel its effective if you are consistent with it AND NOT GIVE UP! The workout is brutal at times but when you feel like giving up, just do the easier modified version, even Shawn T says it on the video. Be wary of all the "its great, its wonderful, it's perfect buy it" reviews - I've found almost all are bogus. I choose it for I love a challenge and I HATE long workouts - its easier to find an excuse to stop the long times or you simply dont have the time period. I bought thru Amazon but then I've heard people are selling it on Craigslist and Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Give it a shot, its intimidating at first, it takes lots of practice but remember those people on the videos are pros.Shawn T is also very motivating which HELPS A LOT! Hey good luck!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Is this a legit site? It seems crazy that it is that cheap! I am a bit nervous to order off it.

I'll let you know if I have any issues. I usually have pretty good luck with internet deals.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I bought mine on EBay for 68 with cord, but they had them without it also...I use hand weights so don't really need it. I will look for Gamma when it's time on there also. I've seen it starting at 5.00 auction and about 20.00 less for new if you wanted to just buy it.

I love the workout...Alpha has me burning more calories with cardio Dvd so I do that more than cardio on Beta, but am on Beta for a few weeks more and find it challenging but fun. I use other DVD's in-between for variety and when I have more than 25 minutes.

Oh and I'm 54, have trouble with lunges, but modify that and I don't jump very high with tuck jumps...rest has been okay.