No Valentine? Then how do you spend it?

Options
greshka
greshka Posts: 33 Member
I used to HATE Valentine's. Growing up, it sucked because I was the ugly duckling. I know consider myself a swan with a BIG TAIL feather...LOL. But, those thoughts have sailed and I look at Valentine's graciously as a day for romance, love, and appreciation of those you love.

So, I ask, if you don't have a Valentine's, how do you spend your day?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm making myself dinner, renting Europe Report, and then probably reading some Dark Tower before bed.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Going to go work out.
    That's how.
    -goes-
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    prob crying while watching people get brutally murdered by masked/deformed hillbillies

and eating food
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wine and Supernatural on Netflix. Going to spend my night with Sam and Dean :heart: :love:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to go out with a friend, but he blew me off too. Sigh. Just hanging out at home, I guess.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Wine and Supernatural on Netflix. Going to spend my night with Sam and Dean :heart: :love:

Funny, that's how my wife wants to / will be spending it, too.
  • greshka
    Options
    Well, I'm making myself dinner, renting Europe Report, and then probably reading some Dark Tower before bed.

I'd at least do a little risque reading with 50 Shades of Grey. I can love myself ♥
  • greshka
    Options
    Was supposed to go out with a friend, but he blew me off too. Sigh. Just hanging out at home, I guess.

Screw that. Get some friends together and drink. It's National Single's Awareness Day!! CELEBRATE
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Watching season 2 of House of Cards
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Enjoying the freedom to do what i want when i want too :drinker: :drinker:
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options

^^This. Will be my first Valentine's Day I have been single since 1997. Wish me luck!!
  • ronmonkey
    Options
    Sitting at home doing nothing but eating Ben & Jerrys, any takers???
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options

^^This. Will be my first Valentine's Day I have been single since 1997. Wish me luck!!

Im in the same boat my first single valentines day in 14 yrs.....good luck...at all costs avoid the icecream it was invented by satan himself :devil: :happy:
  • greshka
    Options

...doing it the way it should be:drinker:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sitting at home dong nothing but eating Ben & Jerrys, any takers???

Heck, I never needed a special occasion for a night like that! Pass me some Pistachio Pistachio. :drinker:
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was blessed (or cursed) with being born on Valentine's day! (Happy birthday to me~) This year is my first in 2 years being single, so I grabbed all my nearest and dearest; taking them from their significant others, and we drank wine, danced and had a great night.
    So this Valentine's day, after a 'hangover breakfast' with friends, I was more than happy to hit the gym, then come home and get my PJs on.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    <<-- Drinking wine ... not out of sadness - Country tradition! :drinker:
  • ayeesunshine
    Options
    I still dislike this holiday and usually I spend it locked up in my house with the curtains drawn and eating ice cream while watching a ****ty made for tv movie but this year I made a new gal pal and its her birthday and she's having a party at a bar downtown so I'm getting drunk. :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My wife and I don't do V-day...tonight we will do what we do pretty much every Friday night...let my almost 4 y.o. pick a movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime, make some popcorn and sit down to family movie night.

My wife and I have never really understood why we would need a particular day to celebrate our love...we do that pretty much year 'round. I feel bad for the guys who's wives and SOs expect jewelry and diamonds, etc just because it's some rando day in the middle of February and Hallmark says they should do something special...
  • TheSwollMinister
    TheSwollMinister Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I still dislike this holiday and usually I spend it locked up in my house with the curtains drawn and eating ice cream while watching a ****ty made for tv movie but this year I made a new gal pal and its her birthday and she's having a party at a bar downtown so I'm getting drunk. :drinker:

I'll be dancing for these drunk girls.