How can I flat my belly?

Options
Hi, how are you all doing?

So, I was a heavy beer drinker, and I have this beer belly.

I Have started dieting and doing Cardio exercise(Jogging/Walking)

I was wondering, if that would be enough in the long run to lose my belly, or if I have to do a more intense exercise ?

Thanks

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit + high protein diet + heavy weight lifting gets rid of your fat the fastest.
    Cheers.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Make friends with people on here that have flat bellies, and do what they do. Learn by example. :flowerforyou:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit + high protein diet + heavy weight lifting gets rid of your fat the fastest.
    Cheers.

This.

I got abs that way. I ran for years and didn't get a flat stomach.

Of course, the day they really popped was the day before the first day of my bulk. They were gone in a week. :sad:

Getting lean and having a strong core makes a huge difference.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Cheers.

This.

I got abs that way. I ran for years and didn't get a flat stomach.

Of course, the day they really popped was the day before the first day of my bulk. They were gone in a week. :sad:

Getting lean and having a strong core makes a huge difference.

^ yep. Squats, deads, and hanging pikes.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Cheers.

Short, sweet and to the point....and right.
    So I go with this.....

Stay on point, stay on target and it will happen.

Enjoy the results.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Or you could try This One Weird Tip....LOL :-)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Or don't eat any of the following 5 foods.......

Seriously though, OP, the first step is to reduce your body fat % and strength train. Your body has it's own mind when it comes to losing fat (for me it was my arms & face at first) so be patient and be consistent.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Or don't eat any of the following 5 foods.......

Seriously though, OP, the first step is to reduce your body fat % and strength train. Your body has it's own mind when it comes to losing fat (for me it was my arms & face at first) so be patient and be consistent.

Is a brown banana on that list? :laugh:

Yes OP, definitely strength train. I still have a ways to go to reduce my body fat%, and I still have a healthy layer of fat around my middle, but since I've been strength training, there's already some definition beginning to appear. This didn't happen when I was running every other day for a month. :grumble:
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advises.

I am on a calorie deficit diet that MFP assigned to me.
    Its says I can eat a max of 1940 calories, And have been eating aprox 1600 per day.
    (Mostly eating Chicken, salad, subway, and rice.
    Also doing light cardio(Walking/Jogging)

By the way, is the myth about the guy that eat Subway for like a year and got all that weight off true?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Thanks for the advises.

I am on a calorie deficit diet that MFP assigned to me.
    Its says I can eat a max of 1940 calories, And have been eating aprox 1600 per day.
    (Mostly eating Chicken, salad, subway, and rice.
    Also doing light cardio(Walking/Jogging)

By the way, is the myth about the guy that eat Subway for like a year and got all that weight off true?

Subway guy is true...

More important thing for your diet is to get your calories below what you need daily....

Go to google, and do a search for "twinkie diet"

But if you do take up weight lifting, then I suggest you set up your macros like this

0.8 - 1.0 gr of protein / lb of body weight per day
    0.4 gr of fat / lb of body weight per day (minimum)
    Carbs can be whatever you like to make up your calories.
  • karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Are you cutting out beer and other alcohol, or at least consuming a very limited quantity (i.e. staying within your calorie/macro range)?

Try to not drink your calories :)
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not drinking beer anymore.
    On Saturdays when I hang out with my friends, I tend to drink some screwdrivers(Vodka + OJ) (like 5-6).

Now that you mention that, I just went to have lunch. Went to Subway asked for a canned juice(I don't want any soda)
    When I logged the juice on MFP it had twice the calories than the Doritos Baked I also ate. XD

Drinkable calories are awful XD, I will stick to water from now on when eating.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Yeah, not drinking beer anymore.
    On Saturdays when I hang out with my friends, I tend to drink some screwdrivers(Vodka + OJ) (like 5-6).

Now that you mention that, I just went to have lunch. Went to Subway asked for a canned juice(I don't want any soda)
    When I logged the juice on MFP it had twice the calories than the Doritos Baked I also ate. XD

Drinkable calories are awful XD, I will stick to water from now on when eating.

drinkable calories can screw up a lot of people...esp. fruit juice...
    They are loaded w/ sugar,
    But people don't think that....all they think is it has to be healthy, it is fruit juice.

As long as you can fit it in your daily goals do it.
    But for me, I choose to drink water all the time and get my calories from food.