totally blew it. not going to log today

Options
So this is where i was. I am writing an essay. I have eaten crap all day.
Decided to just man up and log it anyway (as opposed to writing today off and going out and getting smashed)
it's not good. Most of my calories came from junk but I am nowhere near as bad as I thought.
Log the bad days too! It doesn't have to be perfect but it should be honest.
So soder water and dancing tonight.

Also i told my mum i had screwed up my food and she totally got it no 'oh shut up, your obsessed' just concern and understanding

Replies

• jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Glad that you still logged it ;) even when I think it's bad I just walk longer
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. What you may feel as a disaster day could just be a couple hundred over calorie goal. Knowing where you faltered makes it 100 times easier to try to make up for it the next day in more exercise or a stricter calorie deficit. Glad you posted this. I read the title and came on here completely anticipating having to reprimand you for saying such a thing. So glad that wasn't the case.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yes, because it is a learning experience. And so you can look back at your reports and see exactly what the numbers say when you are looking at your success or lack of.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When you see the extra calories, it makes you go for a walk at night to make the numbers green again. It helps to log everything.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I had one of these the other day, and I felt really bad for going about 600 calories over. Logged it anyway, completed my day, all out there for everyone to see. Then my friends told me to shut it since it wasn't that bad. :laugh:
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Oh had I been able to go to the gym things would be very different. Stupid further education. One day I will have to choose between rock hard abs and a PhD!
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What I find helpful when I've blown it, is to log a day when I wouldn't watch what I ate at all.

You'll be happily surprised when a 'blown' day is so much better than an old 'normal' day.

Of course, having said that on Wednesday I had a few beers with a friend, and then went off and got drunk hungry.

Said thing was, I saved enough calories for the beer and the snacks, but not the post drinking eating....<sigh>
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I went over yesterday. Therefore I went and rode my stationary bike and knocked it down to a 97 over. It was worse. And I had worked out in the morning, i just could not stop eating yesterday...even eating healthy snacks like carrots I was STARVING. I think it was a pre-totm thing. Today, since we are going out to eat tonight, Italian, I may go over again. I walked 45 minutes at lunch and rode my bike 25 this am, but I still only have about 714 calories after actually eating breakfast and lunch today..Yes, I ate those cookies left on my desk .... But, I can either try to get in another quick stationary bike ride tonight if I go over, or try to be super super good all weekend.