Will I ever change?

Options
Hey...it's been awhile since I've posted. I got away from my lifestyle change and managed to only maintain. I didn't gain any weight which is good. I just had surgery to have my gallbladder out so food has been an issue for me before and after the surgery. Will I ever be able to eat 100% healthy. I look at my daily intake and it seems like there is such a high number of carbs. I was doing so well back in Feb and March, now I can't seem to stay on track...any suggestions???

:ohwell:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hey...it's been awhile since I've posted. I got away from my lifestyle change and managed to only maintain. I didn't gain any weight which is good. I just had surgery to have my gallbladder out so food has been an issue for me before and after the surgery. Will I ever be able to eat 100% healthy. I look at my daily intake and it seems like there is such a high number of carbs. I was doing so well back in Feb and March, now I can't seem to stay on track...any suggestions???

:ohwell:
  • olakala
    olakala Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a carb addict. But it constantly kicks me in the butt.

I don't think humans are supposed to eat 100% healthy. Everyone has a guilty pleasure.. for me its cereal and icecream. I find that limiting myself to one bowl of cereal a day and replacing icecream with sugar-free popsicles (they actually taste pretty good) I eliminate a lot of carbs. Also only having one piece of bread when you have a sandwich (folding it).

Carbs are also good too though. Healthy breads and fruit have a lot of carbs, but they are the "good kind". Just avoid the sugar.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Thanks.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think it is GREAT you were able to maintain
    I think most of us are here because we have a problem with 'healthy' eating, portion control, emotional eating etc

I am addicted to sweets....
    I could care mess if I never had another piece of bread/pasta in my life...but can't function w/ out some chocolate during the day

So, I try to do my best every day...I always stick within my alloted cals..some days I have one piece of chocolate and other days 2 pieces
    Overall, I am eating MUCH better than I ever have in my life....have lost 27 pounds since Jan (maintaining since May)...so I'm not going to beat myself up over it

((HUGSS))
    Kim
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome back! HOORAY to you for maintaining! YEY!

I'm going to call you out on this, :wink: , but WHY are you saying you will never be able to eat 100% healthy?

I personally am not 100% and I accept that fact. I have a family, the pressure of TV commercials, competition of my kids friends (Any parent knows if we don't ever let our kids munch treats, they will sneak them or be the odd man out...who wants that?), the occasional school lunch. school events to contend with, sports snacks...What a mess! I just have changed the "HOW" I eat unhealthy. I am making better choices, but not limiting myself to being a food health freak. It just isn't me. :laugh: Is this what you are going through too?
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I personally am not 100% and I accept that fact. I have a family, the pressure of TV commercials, competition of my kids friends (Any parent knows if we don't ever let our kids munch treats, they will sneak them or be the odd man out...who wants that?), the occasional school lunch. school events to contend with, sports snacks...What a mess! I just have changed the "HOW" I eat unhealthy. I am making better choices, but not limiting myself to being a food health freak. It just isn't me. :laugh: Is this what you are going through too?

Congratulations on maintaining through your health challenges. That is a great accomplishment. I agree with Princess...keep it real and you will achieve your desire remain healthy and look good.