Low carb breakfast recipes?

Options
TwinsRaGift
TwinsRaGift Posts: 37 Member
I was advised to start a low carb diet by a dr and it has been going pretty well so far. The problem is that I am in a breakfast rut! Eggs all the time! I am getting tired of eggs. I desperately need some breakfast recipes that are low carb. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• Jesslhernandez
    Jesslhernandez Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    if you dont like a big breakfast , go gurt im on a low carb low sugar diet. and its one of the only things in a serving and counted low.
  • April1290
    Options
    I do a lot of breakfasts with yogurt and string cheese. If you have a Kroger, their Carbmaster yogurts are the lowest I've found in carbs. And I know it involves eggs but maybe a breakfast bowl? Like eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, etc.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    ham, bacon...more bacon...
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Any combination of the following (though the first is usually recommended by itself):

Bulletproof Coffee (or any variation thereof)
    Protein pancakes
    Yesterday's leftovers
    Homemade or otherwise plain yogurt (that way you can add what you want)
    Cottage cheese
    Veggies and nut butter
    Fried meat of any sort (be it bacon, Canadian bacon, bologna, etc)
  • Paula5130
    Paula5130 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What about protein shakes, you could add egg whites into it to up your protein?
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a bulletproof coffee, in the mornings, when I don't want eggs and bacon. Combine 8 oz coffee, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil. Blend in a Magic Bullet or use imersion blender to make frothy. It is so good! Some people add other things to it for more flavor. I add cinnamon and sugar free hazelnut syrup. If you like coffee, you will love this.
  • kristiealexander76
    Options
    Protein Pancakes --- and then top with PB2 ---

This is my new favorite thing ---

1/2 banana
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    1/2 cup egg whites

Blend in Blender

cook on stovetop

top pancakes with PB2 - from container mixed with water

OMG!!! They are sooo good... and its like you are eating bread!!!