Polar F6 Question

Options
I just bought a Polar F6 HRM and I thought I read a thread on here once about the first time you use it, you should wear it at a resting time so it can gets its initial reads. Is that true, if so how long? I read the directions, and it said before you exercise to hook it up and it will read within 15 seconds. But, like I said, I thought I had read on here that you should wear it for the first time for 24 hours in a nonexercise state. Let me know what you all have done when you first get yours.

Thank you!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar F6 HRM and I thought I read a thread on here once about the first time you use it, you should wear it at a resting time so it can gets its initial reads. Is that true, if so how long? I read the directions, and it said before you exercise to hook it up and it will read within 15 seconds. But, like I said, I thought I had read on here that you should wear it for the first time for 24 hours in a nonexercise state. Let me know what you all have done when you first get yours.

Thank you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wearing your F6 for 24 hrs will give you customized number of calories that you loose in 24 hrs ( BMR+ daily activities).
    MFP website can estimate it for you based on your height and weight pretty close to it.
    For me HRM reading was 1370: MFP estimated it at 1270.
    So it is up to you
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    So, are you saying that I should put it on now, sleep with it on and leave it on till this time tomorrow night? Chest strap and all?? Also, while it is on, do I hit the button just like as if I was exercising?
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Help MFPers! See above questions.

Thank you!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If you want to but you don't have to do that.

And, yes, if you wish to track what you burn in any given period of time, then you must enter the Exercise selection and click on "start" or it won't track calories burned. Then, you have to hit the button on the bottom left of the watch part when you're ready to stop it counting calories--then you select "exit." and it will give you a work out summary at that point.