Need a motivator!

Options
Hi! I started awhile back and I can never seem to stay on track. I get so depressed and lose all my motivation. I really have nobody keeping me on track, and I need help from other people losing weight too! I tell myself all the time I need to do this I am just so fat and unhappy with myself, yet I go and eat something wrong or dont stay on track excercising and then I put myself down even more and I get no where. Does anybody have any tips or want to add me as a friend to help me see other people staying on track as well! Thanks!

Replies

• MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request. We all fall off the wagon and sometimes its hard to get back up, so move on! I do think lots of support is a must to succeed! You have to ask your self daily your 'WHY" yes daily so you don't forget. I also have a great group on fb if your interested. Look forward to following you on your road to SUCCESS!
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When I feel less than motivated, I always say to myself, "A year from now, I will wish I had started yesterday" or "I'm not at the finish liine yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday". Sounds cliche but I find it helps.
  • SmileyCakes94
    Options
    Isn't that the story of our lives! Dont worry hun, it happens to all of us. We fall down and get backup. Brush your knees off and go harder. I am the prime example. You'll have good days and bad and thats good. im back at again and you're more then welcome to come along on the ride.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this, but you have to motivate yourself. No one can do your job. Depression is a drag, I know. While I was losing weight I was often discouraged and it actually didn't help to watch other people losing weight while I wasn't.

I've made it a point to make friends on MFP, but I don't try to make thousands of friends because I have to do other things. I'd rather have a few people that I get to know over time because then when I leave or receive comments, they're meaningful to me.

If you want to friend me, I'll be there for you, but not all the time. That's life :wink: