dropped a stone in a week woop woop

i have gone from 14 stone to 13 stone in 1 week i have been doing intense cardio jogging every day and speed walking and i have cut my cal intake to 800 per day or less feeling ecstatic when i stood on the scales woop woop :)

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Awesome you are losing weight. Not so awesome you are eating 800 or less cals a week. Gotta keep some strength up. Gotta eat a little more, especially if you are younger. If not you can wack out your metabolism for the rest of your life (been there, done that, wrote the book so to speak).

Just realized you are only 18. Your metabolism should still be pretty active. How about 1200 a day? 1200 a day maintains 120 lbs (8.6 stone I think) on the average person usually. Add in the exercise you are doing and you'd be fine I think.

Keep up the exercise and those pounds will keep coming off.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Eating 800 calories is not good... especially if you're a guy doing that much exercise. Sedentary girls aren't meant to eat below 1200. Congrats on the weight loss, but really, eat what's been recommended. It's a goal, not a limit.

Also, if it's your first week it's going to be mostly water weight that's gone, not fat. Not trying to discourage you, just saying don't be disappointed if you haven't lost as much next week! :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    I mean 1200 a day of course. Lord help me. I'm losing my mind in my old age =)
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    14lbs in one week? That sounds dangerous!
  • Iv'e been hitting the gym hard since i posted this i have gone down to 12 stone 5 ibs i'm looking alot leaner iv'e been doing weights and have toned up quite abit thanks for the input
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Erm....
  • Erm....
    ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!