cheat meal

Options
So I am coming to the end of week 2 and in week one I lost 12lbs. It took a few days to get into it and now I am so motivated- dedicated to getting a six pack. The thing is what do you think about a cheat meal one a week? I have been very strict and have heard that eating under calorie maintenance for an extended period of time can mess with leptin levels and actually be detrimental to fat loss. Should I have a splurge? I would like to have a treat tomorrow night but don't want to ruin my progress. Additionally I think I have become so focused that I am willing to sacrifice any form of a treat but I suppose that can be a bad thing as I am scaredof becoming too obsessed and it taking over a bit .

Please share any advice and I would love for you to add me as a friend. The more friends the better as it motivates me.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Once, or twice a week, go up to your MAINTENANCE level, that's it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    There is danger in restricting yourself so much that you feel GUILTY or SCARED of going over. After all, this is for life - are you really going to refuse a day's worth of ice cream, cake, and steak on your birthday for the rest of your life? Are you never going to have a drunken night with beer and hot wings ever again?

The key is learning how and when to go over, not to NEVER go over at all.
  • Flourisher
    Flourisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Like you say it has to fit in with lifestyle. It's not as though I'm never gonna have stake away ever again so I will have one and then get back on track Monday. It will motivate me I think
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Once a week I eat Mcdonalds as a treat to myself
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    If you want a " cheat" meal, have a cheat meal and take responsibility for it. I don't think it's a good idea to look for scientific justification where there is none. Just be responsible and enjoy !
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Youve done well losing that amount so far.

I dont think it will hurt at all to have one cheat meal. I usually allow myself one day a week where I go 500 over maintenance. You gotta enjoy life, just dont let it spiral out of control.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I personally would want to log a "cheat meal" so that you can keep track of what is going on.
    The only reason I can think of for a "cheat meal" is if you have been restricting yourself all week. Many people manage to have treats frequently while sticking to their goals.