Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for Vegetarian and Vegan Friends

Replies

• Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Do a quick search in the groups.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    I've been a vegetarian for many years and tried to become a vegan many times. I was never able to stick with veganism. I know many people who are able to stick with it and are very happy vegans. Good luck to you!

AHnX12R.jpg
  • belladilorenzo
    belladilorenzo Posts: 7 Member
    I'm a vegetarian and I have an open diary. I'm not vegan, though.
  • doxielover2013
    doxielover2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Vegetarian since 2011. Working on eliminating dairy (cheese), not ready to give up eggs yet!
  • tenorenvy128
    tenorenvy128 Posts: 5 Member
    I am also looking for Vegetarian and Vegan friends to exchange recipes and accountability.
    I recently read the book Skinny *****, which has triggered the new lifestyle.
    :) Feel free to add me.
  • MelBrooks242
    MelBrooks242 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I'm also a vegetarian, have been for about 20 years, I was also a vegan for 3 years. I'm also looking for more vegetarian friends :)
  • Add me :)

I have been an octo/lavo vegetarian for 16 years. I also eat honey but don't wear fur or leather.
  • 78Phoenix
    78Phoenix Posts: 12 Member
    Hellooo, friend!! I've been veg for over a year, and I could totally use some veg-friends here on mfp! :D

Friend request sent!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    I'm a veggie girl trying to gain some weight, and I'm always happy to find friends who won't just tell me to eat a steak!
  • RamaAkyer
    RamaAkyer Posts: 94 Member
    I've been a vegetarian all my life. I'd love to try new thigs as well. Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Hi, I am vegeterian, tried vegan for 2 months and realized I am allergic to soy...so sticking to Vegeterianism for now!!
    Adding you.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    I've been a vegetarian since 2001. I wish I could be vegan, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to get enough protein. I do have vegan recipes in my collection and I'm always happy to share. I highly recommend the cookbook Veganomicon.

Also, there's a group for vegetarians and vegans. Go browse through the groups and you'll find "us."
  • I've been vegan for a year and was vegetarian for about 3 years prior, and another 5 years in my 20s. I'm sticking with vegan now. It works for me!
  • I do love me some veggies. As long ad you can cope with my meat eating ways, I am happy to offer support in your vegetarian journey. feel free to add if you'd like.
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Welcome :)

Feel free to add me. I used to be vegetarian until I developed multiple food sensitivies (soy/wheat/some dairy). While I find it too difficult to be 100% vegetarian anymore, I still cook many meatless meals, and some of my favourite recipes are actually vegan.
  • jujubntx
    jujubntx Posts: 5 Member
    H! I've been following a primarily vegan diet for 14 months now. I love it! Need to lose about 20 more pounds, but it's exercise holding me back. Would love to add some veg friends to share tips/recipes, etc. I'm an animal lover, and started a vegan diet primarily for health, but soon realized it really broadened my compassion for all living things. Now, I can't see ever going back to eating meat/dairy.
  • Hi everyone :) I just joined. I have been a vegetarian for 1 year now and my goal is to lose 22 pounds. But I'm kind of stuck on a certain number and it's not going down :(
  • I have been on/off between vegetarian and pescetarian for 2.5 years now. Currently I am a pescetarian. I'm a very positive person and would love to be friends :)
  • AngelaKelly02
    AngelaKelly02 Posts: 73 Member
    I am also looking for Vegetarian and Vegan friends to exchange recipes and accountability.
    I recently read the book Skinny *****, which has triggered the new lifestyle.
    :) Feel free to add me.

That book is amazing!
  • annie_sow
    annie_sow Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I was a vegetarian for 14 years and in the last year become pectertarian so basically a vegetarian that eats fish. Good for u for joininh the club.