O M G - I found my Motivation.

Options
Hello :tongue:

To date I have lost 22 lbs ( maybe up a couple after my wreckless weekend )

I decided that I need to start fresh, all over. I have 15-20 more lbs I would like to lose and do some major toning up. I Have composed a List of what I will use for my new motivation.

1 - Summer dresses. you know, the strappy, flowy, cute little sun dresses. I want to wear one and not feel like my flabby arms are flapping all over the place.

2- My roommate. I want to inspire her to lose some weight with me.

3- EVIL as this may sound, I want people to feel jealous of me. I want guys who used to diss me, to take a look at me and stop dead in their tracks. I will then not give them the time of day :wink: I want girls I dont even know to be jealous of me, and say to their other friends, "omg, I WISH I had that girls body

4 - To walk around my Boyfriends in booty shorts and a tank top

5 - I want to Inspire my father to loose a little weight

6 - I WANT TO WAKE UP FEELING LIKE A MILLION BUCKS. I want to wake up each day knowing I am working towards a better me. I want to FEEL my best every day

7 - Last, but most definately NOT least, I want to buy one of those SEXY VS outfits. I am talking the WHOLE get up, and wear it with confidence ( and 4 inch heels )

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU!

I know some one my list may seem superficial, but I am being Honest people.

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Your reasons and motivation are your own. No one can take that away. club.gif
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Good on you , what ever works and keeps you going!
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello :tongue:

To date I have lost 22 lbs ( maybe up a couple after my wreckless weekend )

I decided that I need to start fresh, all over. I have 15-20 more lbs I would like to lose and do some major toning up. I Have composed a List of what I will use for my new motivation.

1 - Summer dresses. you know, the strappy, flowy, cute little sun dresses. I want to wear one and not feel like my flabby arms are flapping all over the place.

2- My roommate. I want to inspire her to lose some weight with me.

3- EVIL as this may sound, I want people to feel jealous of me. I want guys who used to diss me, to take a look at me and stop dead in their tracks. I will then not give them the time of day :wink: I want girls I dont even know to be jealous of me, and say to their other friends, "omg, I WISH I had that girls body

4 - To walk around my Boyfriends in booty shorts and a tank top

5 - I want to Inspire my father to loose a little weight

6 - I WANT TO WAKE UP FEELING LIKE A MILLION BUCKS. I want to wake up each day knowing I am working towards a better me. I want to FEEL my best every day

7 - Last, but most definately NOT least, I want to buy one of those SEXY VS outfits. I am talking the WHOLE get up, and wear it with confidence ( and 4 inch heels )

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU!

I know some one my list may seem superficial, but I am being Honest people.

iv had such a crappy day !
    but this has pushed me to get up and get on with it !
    thanks ! x
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    what motivates me?

getting outta the plus sized section and back into the real world.
    being able to run for 30 mins at a time without stopping for a walking interval.
    seeing less and less jiggle every time I look into the mirror.
    being 1.8 lbs away from breaking 200 and making my first weight goal.
  • benztim6876
    benztim6876 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You are looking pretty attractive already. I hope that you meet all your goals.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    what motivates me?

getting outta the plus sized section and back into the real world.
    being able to run for 30 mins at a time without stopping for a walking interval.
    seeing less and less jiggle every time I look into the mirror.
    being 1.8 lbs away from breaking 200 and making my first weight goal.

I love that. I am STILL trying to run for 30 mins straight myself. I can get to about 25 then I walk for a bit. what a great goal. I hope we both accomplish it soon!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think that the only thing on your list that applies to me is number 8....( I would look pretty odd in a flowy sundress :smokin: ) it is a good feeling to wake up and look in the mirror and see/feel improvement.
  • kbooth
    kbooth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Everyone has similar feelings deep down...I know I do!

I want to be the "skinny sister" for a change. I am only 5'1" but my sister is more like 5'6". Every time she says she "gains a few pounds", I never see it. I swear she has some secret compartment that it hides! :grumble:

I also want to be the hot, sexy wife my husband deserves. I want him to be proud to take me out with him infront of friends and co-workers and know that I'm going home with him!! Don't get me wrong...he's never said anything to the contrary. It is just a girl thing I guess. I want to KNOW that I look good for him.

I want to be able to wear cute little dresses and heels or even be cute in my workout clothes. :wink:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

I want to be the "skinny sister" for a change. I am only 5'1" but my sister is more like 5'6". Every time she says she "gains a few pounds", I never see it. I swear she has some secret compartment that it hides! :grumble:

I also want to be the hot, sexy wife my husband deserves. I want him to be proud to take me out with him infront of friends and co-workers and know that I'm going home with him!! Don't get me wrong...he's never said anything to the contrary. It is just a girl thing I guess. I want to KNOW that I look good for him.

I want to be able to wear cute little dresses and heels or even be cute in my workout clothes. :wink:

I definately feel you.

My sister and mother were born with the "marathong runner gene" they do grandmas, twin cities, and I am lucky If I can complete a full 5k without passing out or walking a bit.

And for the cute work out clothes, I would LOVE to be working out in some hot yoga pants and a sports tank VS running pants and old basketball tshirts :)
  • ismatts
    Options

That is great!!!!! You are a good wife.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    MINE:

I don't want to look at Thanksgiving or Christmas pictures of myself with my family and think, "OMG- I looked THAT bad???"

I want to surprise my husband on his birthday, or Valentine's day, or pretty much anytime with a sexy lingerie getup and know he likes it not by what comes out of his mouth, but by the look on his face.

I don't want to constantly pull at my bra strap in an attempt to cover up my backfat.

I'm tired of saying, "I'll do it THIS time." I want this to be the last time I have to "start the journey again"!!!

I want to shop from an Alloy catalog and not have to return everything because its too small.

I want my HS friends to say "DAMN SHE LOOKS GOOD!" at our reunion.

.... and there are plenty more, but you get the jist...
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I can attract the kind of girl who wears sundresses, booty shorts, and VS outfits and can pull it off.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I want to wear booty shorts and a tank top too! i can see myself dancing around my living room in them...in another 35lbs...I always tell my fiance that he's a reflection of my taste, I want to be a reflection of his too, and after he designed my engagement ring I'd have to say the man has awesome taste...i want to reflect that.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run for as long as I want to.

I want to take photos of myself however I want and not have to try and pose to hide half of myself behind my friends.

I want to feel confident when I walk down the street.

I want to wear cute skirts and dresses and go shopping for clothes without feeling out of place in certain stores.

I want people to think I look good, especially my husband.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I can attract the kind of girl who wears sundresses, booty shorts, and VS outfits and can pull it off.

Too funny Dave! :laugh:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Too funny Dave! :laugh:

And yet I'm dead serious! :wink:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I want to look great in a wedding dress & be able to buy the exact one I want when my boyfriend finally proposes.

I want to be able to wear a skirt & not worry about my legs.

I want to get off some of my medications & improve my overall health.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What motivates me...

1. First off I want to where my bikini and not feel like a whale next to my super skinny sister.

2. Getting married in March and want to have great photos of me to look at for years to come

3. Finishing with faster 1/2 marathon times

4. Finally feeling drop dead gorgeous in nothing but skin.
  • jmaskx3
    Options
    Hey don't worry about sounding superficial. Most of us are doing this not only for our health, but because we want to look good!

Here's what motivates me:

1) My boyfriend lives 22 hours away. I only get to see him maybe twice a year. He knows I'm trying to lose some weight/get in shape, but I don't think he realizes how much I've lost and still want to lose. I want to feel drop dead sexy the next time he sees me which is in about a month.

2) I've always been a fan of Victoria's Secret stuff, mostly because I've had boobs for as long as I can remember and could never shop anywhere else for my bras. Haha. I'm not saying I want to be stick skinny like the VS models, but I want to be able to rock some of the stuff that they wear and look good doing it.

3) Summer time = bikinis. Enough said.

4) I also want people to be jealous of me. And I want people to be jealous of my boyfriend because he gets to be with me.