Breakfast?

Options
What are some good breakfast meals out there? At the moment I've been eating 3 eggs (scrambled) w/ 2 slices of toasted bread with water but kinda want to change it up a bit, to prevent high cholesterol as-well.

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Eating eggs won't raise your bad cholesterol.

Rigger
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats are a nice hearty breakfast, and there are almost no limits to what you can top them with. They're pretty filling, too. There's a brand of high-protein frozen waffles that I like as well, called Van's Power Grains. Very filling, especially with a little fruit. One of my favorites is a breakfast burrito, although that won't get you away from eggs. Honestly, if your doctor hasn't advised otherwise, I think you should feel free to eat eggs whenever you want, or maybe do a mix of eggs and egg whites. Personally, I eat eggs almost every day. They're pretty much my favorite food.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Six days a week breakfast is oatmeal with a tablespoon each of cocoa powder, peanut butter, and sugar. That and a cuppa coffee with half and is only 320 calories and keeps me full for six hours.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-3 eggs a day and have for a while - never had high cholesterol. If you like eggs then eat up! Now if you are bored of eggs there's lots of options, multigrain cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, egg sandwiches - sorry, thinking about eggs again ...
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    black coffee
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    black coffee

Perfect!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Two slices of Oscar Meyer center cut bacon (60 calories), a boiled egg, a cinnamon and nutmeg microwaved apple topped with 1/3 cup of granola. This breakfast is my favorite meal.

Though sometimes I make oatmeal on the weekends. Tomorrow I'm making whole wheat pancakes with blueberries. Sometimes I cook up turkey sausage links and eat on those over the week.
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereal has good amount of protein. If you want to change it up and still eat eggs make an omelet with egg whites with veges, cheese, cubed ham. I've eaten them this week and mine is 327 calories with a piece of toast and a little margarine. Delicious!!!!!