at a loss

Options
I have been losing weight since last summer and lost almost 3 stone still have lot to go, and feel benefits but this year although lost some seem to be hitting a dead end and still eating healthy and I have increased exercise, any help and ideas as could do with a boost of a nice weight loss this week of 3-4 pounds

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Since you're losing weight you're going to start losing less and less over time because you're going to be smaller and it will be harder to lose. I don't know how much you weigh, but when you get closer to your goal start expecting around a .5 pound loss per week.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Drop the expectation of losing 3-4 pounds in one week. (consistently)
    Set reasonable goals. (1 pound per week and readjust to 0.5 when you get closer to goal)
    Eat at a deficit.
    Log accurately.
    Weigh everything.
    Be patient.
    Exercise for fitness.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Have you entered your new weight into MFP and recalculated your calories?

As you lose weight you get less calories because you have a smaller body. MFP does not automatically change your calorie calculations. When I slowed or stalled, it was often because I had to readjust my calorie downward to reflect my new weight.

Good luck!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    3-4 lbs a week?! That's not very realistic.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'd keep doing exactly what you're doing and just expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week. How much more are you trying to lose? I only had to lose 30 lbs. The first 20 was super easy but that last 10 I've been working with for at least 8 months. Just keep at it, maybe increase your exercise sessions and/or intensity if you're still stalling after 3-4 weeks.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Since you're losing weight you're going to start losing less and less over time because you're going to be smaller and it will be harder to lose. I don't know how much you weigh, but when you get closer to your goal start expecting around a .5 pound loss per week.

THIS. I only have about 15 pounds to go and I don't even lose a half pound every week. No, I'm not doing anything "wrong". It takes TIME and I'm not in a race and I have no deadline for my current lifestyle. If it isn't permenent, the weight loss won't be either.
  • celtic4me66
    celtic4me66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for all advice, I have nearly 3 stone but only 3rd of weight need to loose