A New Beginning

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Coley and I'm not so new to the site. I actually lost over 50 pounds with the help of MFP and its community. You may be asking yourself "then why are you posting on the 'introduce yourself' message board?" Well, a little over a year ago I was the healthiest I've ever been. I was confident and happy and I was taking the world by storm. I finally had my life back. However, one night I was assaulted by a guy at a college Christmas party. I was so angry and mad at him. He took everything from me. Worst of all I hated myself. I couldn't stand to see what I saw in the mirror. I felt so disgusting. I began eating less and less, only consuming 500 calories a day and exercising vigorously. In some ways I believe I was punishing myself for what had happened. About four months later, I decided that I wasn't punishing myself enough and decided to break a promise I made to myself a long time ago. I was going to eat myself back to the unhealthily obese girl who was on a straight path to heart disease or diabetes. It took me about 6 months to gain all the weight back that I had lost. In the process I lost myself again. I look in the mirror and I don't recognize who I see. I'm not who I want to be. A few weeks ago I decided to say enough is enough. I'm no longer going to let that guy have control of my life or my happiness. He took everything from me and I'm ready to get it back!

So here I am! I've started a brand new profile. I'm starting a brand new life and will come out stronger than I've ever been. Here's to my new beginning! :drinker:

Please add me. I'm going to need a lot of support!

Replies

• wendyc2015
    Options
    You have been through a lot now it is your time to regain what you had. Be proud of your decision. I will be glad to help support you. I am sending a friends request
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    He deserves no more of your time, energy or thoughts! Don't let him have any more control over you!!
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I will be glad to support you.
  • ColeyBear88
    Options
    Thank you all for the support.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want, I'd be happy to support you :)