I REALLY want some chocolate for Valentines Day!

Options
I am sure wanting some chocolate, I have not eaten any dessert since I started my healthy eating plan January 2. On one hand a little of something something is OK but it often leads me into binging. Maybe one of little boxes of 4/

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You know what your limits are. But if you think buying a little box of 4 won't cause you to binge, then do it! It's not a big deal. I'll be eating a few on VD too.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of chocolate, but have not had any in weeks. I think it's because I make homemade protein bars with chocolate protein powder and peanut butter... tastes like a treat and is healthy! Peanut butter and chocolate... mmmmm.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    So would this be a bad time to say I've had chocolate everyday this week? I'm still within my calorie range and have been losing so it's not a problem for me. I love dark chocolate so I have a little quite often. I always log it and I only have a small amount but it's enough to make me happy. If you can't have it in the house without eating it all though then you're probably wise taking the path you're on. :)
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well, i compromised on the valentines chocolate, i bought 2 chocolate covered strawberries:drinker:
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been gobbling chocolate-covered almonds. YUMMY. Have a little if it won't cause you to completely go off the rails. :)

Food isn't the enemy.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    congratulations Betty on your choice. Extra hip hippoyaa in adding fruit. You made a wise choice.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you should not go out and buy candy or chocolate toady at all. have some willpower.

wait until tomorrow when they're all 75% off
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I always have a small piece of chocolate in the evening. I buy the 12 packs of mini Mars bars and put them in the freezer. They're about 86 cals each, and because we're on a tight budget they get metered out like gold, because once they're gone, they're gone until payday.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    include it in your calories for the day and enjoy a little chocolate.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I eat one "snack size" Hershey's "Special Dark" every day. I ADDED it to my diet when I started trying to eat healthier. The stuff I read suggested that it was about the ideal amount of dark chocolate for the purported health benefits. 51 calories.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!!
  • Nimroth
    Options
    I too eat chocolate every day. But I've switched to good quality dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa. I spend time smelling it and eat it in tiny bites and let it rest on my tongue. So I eat 10g (3 small squares) and I'm happy! But if I start on the sugar laden milk stuff, there's no hope for me for days!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I spend time smelling it and eat it in tiny bites and let it rest on my tongue.

lol I let it melt on my tongue too.
  • frecklesandfries
    frecklesandfries Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries cant be bad for you. I mean chocolate comes from a cocoa plant which is a plant therefore a vegetable and strawberries are a fruit therefore a chocolate covered strawberry can be factored into your fruit and veggie intake.
  • drmace73
    Options
    hey girl you are so funny but I can help hot cocoa . it really does the trick and you can have the real stuff for 90 cal or sugar free or fat free for 25 cal or you can do what I do and make it homemade for 10 cal 1 tald coco 1 tea vanilla and a dash of salt . The pain is over enjoy let me know if it works for you.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    you should not go out and buy candy or chocolate toady at all. have some willpower.

wait until tomorrow when they're all 75% off

^^ My plan exactly.
  • PurpleStars73
    Options
    I just ate a pack of PB cups, it's Valentine's day. :smile: it's not like I do it everyday, but sometimes you need a little chocolate in your life.
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    indulge a little! just go for dark chocolate and keep it moderate =) i made cookies with a bit of dark choc chips, they we so good and only 60 calories!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    The first 3 months on MFP I did not eat any sweets. One day I read a thread similar to this one saying go ahead and eat it if you can fit it into your calories.
    Every since then, I have 1 piece of dark chocolate every night as my treat for staying within my calories.
    My favorite is Dove Dark Chocolate Carmel Promises with Sea Salt. 38 calories each.
    Right now I am working my way through a bag of Lindt Dark Chocolate with Orange and Almonds. 55 calories each.
    All things in moderation. Do not give up the things you really love.