Spin Class

Options
Anyone else go to a spin class at the gym?

Right now I go Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings and love it. They are going to be expanding them to Monday and Wednesday morning as well finally in January!!

Replies

• hmdavis
    Options
    I have tried spin, but it's been years. I have been wanting to try it again, I guess I'm just nervous, from what I remember, it was a difficult class. That's a good thing, I know, but getting to that first class is kinda tough….
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was up to 3 times a week, but down to one now (didnt like one instructor and other class was canceled) but its fun and I burn a ton of calories!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I love spin and go 2-3 times a week.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just started back yesterday. I go on Monday, Friday and one day on the weekend.

I prefer to mountain bike outside in the morning, but even in San Diego it's too cold at 6 am this time of year. :-(
  • muthrb
    muthrb Posts: 16
    Options
    Spin really worked for me, Don't try to keep up with the class at first, make the ride your own. Just try to maintain 80 rpm, and keep your legs moving for the entire class. Each istructor is different, try several until you find some that fit your type of ride. I went from barely walking out of my first class to riding back to back classes in about a year. Finished my first 100 miler road ride two months ago. Hang in there!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have to ask, how do you determine your RPM? You acutally sit there and count?

I attend spin class usually once a week (work schedule gets in the way). The instructor mentioned RPM the other night and all I could think to myself was "I am glad I can breathe and stay in the seat and you want me to count rpms?".
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have to ask, how do you determine your RPM? You acutally sit there and count?

I attend spin class usually once a week (work schedule gets in the way). The instructor mentioned RPM the other night and all I could think to myself was "I am glad I can breathe and stay in the seat and you want me to count rpms?".

I go to spin class 3-5x per week and I LOVE it. Spin machines should have the RPM module where your gear, time, trip, and calories burned are displayed. I couldn't imagine trying to count while riding.
  • carolyng66
    carolyng66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go at least 2x per week and would like to add to it. No doubt it's tough but well worth it. I've seen results not only in my legs and butt, but lower back and abs as well.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Although my legs feel like jelly afterwards the classes are really fantastic. Oh how i miss my spin classes :(
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My gym does about 15 classes a week, a mix of generic spinning and the Les Mills "RPM" classes (which I prefer).

It's on every evening, 4 mornings a week and a few lunch time classes (which I can't do as I'm at work).

On average I do about 4 sessions a week among other things. I road ride as well and it certainly helps in winter to keep up cycling fitness for spring.