24 Year Old Just Saying Goodbye to 25 Lbs

Options
Hello my name is Jessica. I am 24 years old and 3 years out of college. I played field hockey while in college and have noticed over the past 3 years that I have lost muscle tone and gained some weight. I am using this application/feature to track my food and exercise to help me lose 25 pounds by this summer. I weigh 150lbs and would obviously ideally like to weigh 125lbs. I will settle for 130lbs but who likes to settle!? If anyone reads this and is in my situation where they played a sport recently in college and have noticed some weight gain I would love to chat about your struggles and ways to help lose the weight.

Good luck everyone!
Jess

Replies

• MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Holy. Hell. Story of my life. I danced and ran cross country in high school, and in college I was taking something like 15 hours of dance classes a week, so I didn't really have to worry about what I ate. Now a couple years out of college, I couldn't help but notice that I'm a little...squishier than I would like. I tried loosing weight on my own, and I did manage to loose 10 pounds, but it took me six months to do it. Now that I'm here on MFP and running, it's defiantly kicking it into gear.

Welcome to the MFP! Let's kick some major *kitten* together!
  • ashlynn1024
    Options
    I have not played sports in the last 9 years but did in high school and was always very athletic looking. I quit playing competitive sports after highschool and have on and of played in leagues for the last 9 years. I have put on alot of weight over that period of time! i guess i never realized how bad i ate because i was so active i didn't have to really worry about gaining weight! 2 1/2 years ago I had my precious baby boy and let me tell you that was even worse on my figure! I weigh about 187 now and would like to get down 1st to around 160....then eventually to 135-140. Good luck!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    ohh my do i know what you're talking about. I played soccer in college and 2 years out, at a desk job. I'm back on my way to the toned healthy me..
  • FitGirlJVM17
    Options
    Totally understand you there! Looking forward to keeping up with you!
  • FitGirlJVM17
    Options
    I'm here for motivation! I'll need it one day when I'm having babies!
  • FitGirlJVM17
    Options
    [My new desk job is getting me too!