Questions about lifting for women and IIFYM diet?

Options
I'm 4'11" and 113 pounds, and I eat 1650 calories a day using TDEE-10%. My main goal is to reduce my stomach fat. I know it's impossible to spot reduce, but I'd like to find out the optimum way to keep/gain lean muscle. I've been using Jillian Michael's videos so far, and I started Ripped in 30 this month. However, I stumbled upon a thread on MFP about strength training for women, and it really interested me, especially the result pictures. What I was wondering was, would lifting benefit me more than doing Ripped in 30 if my overall goal is to shed fat?
And of course, there's always the question of will it make me "bulky," and will it make me lose more boobs since these exercises use my chest muscles?

I also found a thread talking about IIFYM that interested me. So far, my diet has been pretty strict with very little variety. I haven't eaten any of the unhealthy things I used to love eating and seeing others talk about being able to eat in moderation really makes me want to change how I view my "diet." How can I start transitioning into this? Since I don't have very much to lose, won't eating more unhealthy foods make it harder to change my body composition? I read somewhere that once you start getting closer to your goal, you have to pay more attention to the types of food you're eating and your macros.

Replies