Losing weight, but not gaining support. add me!

Options
It's been two months soo far and judging by the people around me...I'm in it alone! Noone want to hear about good workouts, or how god awful diet pepsi is or how food is a battle everyday for me. But as soon as I drop 40 pounds every one will want to know how I did it :angry: . Not just looking for verbal support but people that are really dedicated to changing for the better inspire me, or those who struggle just as much as I do , we can struggle together! Thanks a bunch!

About Me:

Chicago
100+ lbs to lose
Sassy, Sweet, and Secretly a Pop Star
Love to move, but hate to workout

Replies

• kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 lbs to go, looking for support also. I have been on here for over a year and it seems like my support system is fading!!

About me:

44 years old
    173 lbs (was down to 159)
    5'5"
    Not a fan of working out, but love the results...well I used to until I stalled!!!
  • Ashleydadiva
    Options
    Kathim: Over a year wow. that's great. People on here are great, but the people around me I don't even bother lol Stalling can really be a downer on your motivation but you seem more than half way there, that's fantastic! I will def. add! thanks :)
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My goal is 50 lbs.

About me:

SW: 205
    CW: 197

Not big on working out but the treadmill + some good music is what really gets me going and is a huge stress buster for me. I'm also a former sugar addict who's learned to grab a stick of sugar free gum in place of the candy that I used to love. I can't wait to want to look in the mirror again instead of avoiding them and to go shopping and enjoy it instead of it depressing me. We can do this! Keep your eye on the prize.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I struggle as you do. I'm serious about changing my health with eating cleaner and getting fit. I've got 49lbs to lose plus maybe an extra 10lbs if I feel I need to. I log and encourage daily. My diary is open to friends too. Feel free to add me.
  • weinerdude
    Options
    My goal is 40. prior to joining this site it was 60. I have no support near me either. I make myself my biggest fan. I have to or I won't succeed, and I am OK with that, It is hard.
    I get motivated by music my son put on my IPod. It is more new age synthesized fast pounding music so It makes it much easier to get happy, get motivated and get moving.
  • jessnoire
    Options
    I'm struggling as well, craving sweets and want to gorge e v e r y single day and give in to it once in a while >.< and I'm looking for other people to stay in contact with too, to just chat and motivate each other :)
  • Zoeybird_2012
    Options
    I would love to hear about your struggles and accomplishments! I have only seriously been trying to lose for a few weeks but I need motivation and support to.
  • Ashleydadiva
    Options
    Sea:
    Thats Funny I LOATH the treadmill. It is literally the only machine I hate lol just feels soooo un-natural, especially when I'm use to running in the fresh air. And I'm a chocolate addict but I've learned to grab a sugar free chocolate pudding and a glass of chocolate almond milk. and 50 lbs is very doable it probably won't take you THAT long to reach it soo I'm very optimistic for you!
  • Ashleydadiva
    Options
    Jess: I know the feeling! I had a habit of gorging food alll the time! before I knew it, my entire plate would be empty! and I would feel the need to eat more just to get that rush of flavors again. smh but It's all about building and breaking habits but man do I feel like stuffing my face sometimes!
  • Ashleydadiva
    Options
    Dude: it's good that you've found a way to self motivate too, I guess we have to and actually should. The hardest part is just being constant about it! My biggest motivation is showing off my new body in front of people who didn't care to hear about the magical world of turkey burgers and egg white omelets. but I am definitely feeling you on the whole dance/trance music and exercising!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have sent you a friend request! I have lost 135 pounds since I joined mfp! if it were not for my friends on here I do not think I could have done this on my own! I will give you support & encouragement!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    h e y anyone can feel free to add happy to be supportive smiles..

congrats on your successes so far
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started my weight loss mid January. About me: in my 30s, work on changing my diet and learning portion sizes. I'm trying to get my sweet tooth under control. I love chocolate too!. I am gradually trying to add more exercise. My goal is to loose 100 pounds, and I'm already down 10 pounds.
  • simonmcdonald564
    Options
    Hey, I am 71lbs lost with 21 to go until I reach my goal. Happy to message etc if you need to chat
    Maybe you just need to find the "1" thing that sparks your motivation
    Feel free to add me .... That goes for anyone
  • smithme88
    Options
    Hi I'm megan and understand about no one wanting to hear about good work outs..... I try to talk to my husband about the work outs and the calorie intake and well I loss I'm everytime. I could use the support as well, I'm 25 current weight 170.6 goal weight 130 and starting weight 5 months ago.... 245. But did not find mfp till about a month ago and already lost 17 lbs.
  • Ibun
    Ibun Posts: 4
    Options
    I eat bitter chocolate. It takes away the craving without making me put on weight. I make sure I buy the best quality. That helps, too, because it is expensive and keeps a long time.
  • xNouvelleVie
    Options
    Hey I would love more active supportive friends!

About Me:

Florida
    150-170 lbs to lose
    5'8"
    I've lost 23 pounds so far. I do workout a lot (3-5 times a week (1-2 hours a day) ) I have kind of taking a liking to the gym though. Though it might be because the gym where I go has TV on the equipment so I can be on a machine while watching TV. I think it's good to get people off the couch and into the gym lol. I also love chocolate too. (Dark chocolate is good for your heart btw) I've added you btw.