Clean eating in Portugal?

Options
Hi everyone!:)

I'm a 100% clean eater and in Amsterdam, where I live, you can find lots of clean things. This summer we are planning on going to Portugal for two weeks. Is anyone here from Portugal and a clean eater as well? Because I don't know what to eat best when I'm there and/or what are the best things to bring with me from Holland.

Thank you so much in advance, this would help me a lot!:)

Lisa

Replies

• fitfoutch
    fitfoutch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bring a travel size bottle of windex or bleach and spray everything before you eat it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Bring a travel size bottle of windex or bleach and spray everything before you eat it.

:laugh: Food is just food. Nothing is dirty.
  • Pintado
    Pintado Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Portuguese food is amazing. Plenty of fresh seafood, salads, soups to choose from – I wouldn't worry about it. Definitely try the feijoada if you can – it's a thick bean stew served with seafood and it's delicious!
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've only been to the Azores islands in Portugal but the food there was fresh and amazing. My husband had steak 10 times in 7 days (I started to think he would turn INTO a cow!). We also had lots of fresh seafood and goat cheese with every dinner. I'm not sure if it's because the Azores are islands, or if we are just used to being in America but there wasn't a lot of processed foods. My in-laws even make their own sausage and liquor. So I'm not sure what you mean by clean food (I think you mean no processed foods) but I think you will be in good shape. The only processed thing I saw there was sweetened yogurt and wine. (loved the wine, can't stomach foreign yogurt)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Don't know if your serious.