Carb/fat question

Options
Hi

What can I eat to increase my carbs as a snack when I have had my daily intake of fat?

Some info about me. I am in my second week with MFP this time. I'm having 1400 cals a day - taking it slow, real slow. I am 68, need to lose around 60lbs and have fibromyalgia (so exercise can be difficult) - here I am - determined to follow after you lovely people who have lost weight and get healthy. I think I will be better able to deal with the fibro when I am fitter and healthier. I am adding one new thing a week - like next week I will start to have breakfast at breakfast time :smile:

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Pretzels, bread, low fat yogurt, popcorn, fruit...all no or low fat. However, you might want to add some fat and protein to that snack to keep you feeling full longer. Fat and protein aren't bad things.
  • Marilyn773
    Marilyn773 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you for answering my query, you gave me some great ideas. I agree that fat and protein are necessary for good healthy eating, I seem to be eating lots of fat as I use olive oil and butter for cooking etc. which knocks my nutritional balance out. Like many people, I hate the red numbers showing in my reports.