Quick Breakfast Ideas

Options
I don't have alot of time in the morning before heading out to work to eat breakfast. I need some quick, on-the-go breakfast ideas. I can always bring food with me to work and eat a bit when I get to work as well. I had a yogurt this morning before I left and I had a banana & 1/2 a protein bar when I got to work. I had my tea as well...which is something I need to reconsider.

Any ideas would help!

Thanks,

Replies

• Lavender8
    Options
    1. Single-serving bowls of whole-grain cereal are packed with vitamins and minerals.

2. Pair string cheese with whole wheat crackers.

3. Hard-boil several eggs to have on hand for busy mornings.

4. Small cartons of low-fat yogurt are a good combination of carbohydrates and protein.

5. Whole-grain English muffins can serve as a base for a breakfast sandwich. Spread on peanut butter, a source of satisfying protein and heart-healthy fats.

6. Make breakfast wraps with whole wheat tortillas; roll in lean protein, such as turkey and low-fat cheese, scrambled eggs with diced peppers and onions, or peanut butter and bananas.

7. Keep low-fat cheese slices on hand for breakfast sandwiches.

8. Single-serving cartons of low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese are a good source of protein; stir in berries or fruit for fiber.

9. Top whole wheat toaster waffles with a tablespoon of peanut butter and/or fruit preserves.

10. Try soy or lean turkey sausage patties (you can eat them alone or put them in a breakfast wrap or sandwich).

11. Stir a tablespoon or two of fruit preserves or chopped dried fruit into plain instant oatmeal to add a touch of sweetness.

12. For protein, add a tablespoon or two of nuts to your yogurt or oatmeal. Stir frozen berries into oatmeal or yogurt to boost the vitamin content.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    It only takes a few minutes to cook a few eggs, over easy. Great source of protein to start off your day, and two eggs are only about 150 calories. Let the pan heat up while you're packing your lunch or doing something else, then crack a couple eggs in the pan - turn over after a couple minutes. Add some pepper or whatever you like... yummm! Sometimes I eat this ontop of a slice of toast (which can be toasting while the egg is cooking). You can put them in a tupperware container if you need to eat them at work. I'm so not a morning person - I'm usually sleeping until the last minute - but most days I manage to make something like this to eat.

Another egg idea is hardboiling some eggs when you have some time - keep a bowl full of them in the fridge and grab two to eat for breakfast on the go. You can add some fresh fruit or something like that to go with.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal as a quick breakfast. Just takes a minute to heat water in the microwave. I have a water cooler at work that puts out hot water at just the right temperature, so I keep a few extra packets of oatmeal (and/or cream of wheat) at my desk with an extra mug. It really comes in handy if I am running late. Ill pick up a peach or banana if I want some flavor.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to get up 15 minutes earlier and make a 4 egg white omelette with 1/3 dry oatmeal and cook that up with some cinamon and stevia. Simple, takes 5 minutes to get ready. You can even prep the night before to cut down on the time in the AM.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, a bowl of cereal (kashi makes a great high protein, high fiber one), fruit, yogurt.
  • kelsy307
    kelsy307 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like smart ones english muffins with eggs whites, cheese, and canadian bacon (found in freezer section). They are only 210 calories, and they are pretty filling with a good serving of protein. Just pop it in the microwave for about a minute and you're good to go!
  • BJAdW
    BJAdW Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Grab a "Clif Bar." The oatmeal, raisin, and walnut are the lowest in calories. They are one of the most complete, all-around, meal replacement bars. I am doing P90X and after an intense morning workout, I can eat a Clif bar and be good to go until lunch time. They use all organic products and fill you up leaving you content and energized. They have a healthy balance of carbs, protein, fiber, and your healthy fats. My pantry is NEVER without a Clif bar! You can buy a box of 6 at WalMart for $6. So at $1 a bar...you have to look at it like $1 a meal. That's a deal...and beats McDonald's dollar menu ANY DAY!!! :) Try them!
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing everyday!

1 whole wheat mini bagel
    1 tbs peanut butter
    1 banana
    8 oz v8

It's quick, easy, and has all my food groups :)
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    WOW Quick replies and great ideas! I definitely need to make a plan! Love all the ideas!!!

THANK YOU!!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and granola - that's been my favorite the last few days...
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Cream of wheat made with water in microwave (2 1/2 min) with 1 tsp raw sugar (15 cals) and hard boiled egg.
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, I like it on the go. I put a half cup of dry oatmeal in tupperware with about a half cup of frozen berries and a good tablespoon of cinnamon. Once I get to work I add hot water and nuke it for about 30 sec. It's goood!
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    throw your eggs in the microwave while you're fixing your lunch or something else...this was my new great discovery...throw it in a wrap with some salsa and you can eat it on the go...
  • mprice1187
    Options
    does the following appeal to you?

smoothie
    fruit
    oatmeal while you finish getting ready
    eat cereal while at work

make on the weekend:
    granola bars
    quiche
    egg casserole
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    does the following appeal to you?

smoothie
    fruit
    oatmeal while you finish getting ready
    eat cereal while at work

make on the weekend:
    granola bars
    quiche
    egg casserole

I think I will attempt the oatmeal and perhaps the smoothies too. I'm fond of eggs but have to eat them warm/hot...so I'd have to get it ready in the morning.

Thanks!
  • katyyy1
    Options
    Just came across this thread! Really helpful! I ALWAYS have 2 slices of toast for breakfast and it gets so so boring. I've been avoiding peanut butter cos I thought it was terrible for you but now I know its full of good fats so I can indulge a little :)

Hoping a bump will give lots more ideas :)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me:

Instant Oatmeal, 2/3 cup of FF milk pop in microwave with 100 calorie pack of Walnuts/Almonds mix.

Or I have:

two turkey bacon, three egg whites on Nature's Own Light Honey bread.

If I'm really running late:

Greek yogurt, 1 piece of toast and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.